Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Hazy sun early morning, rain will form as afternoon stretches on, maybe start around 2-3PM a bit, things will get good and wet as evening settles in. Berkeley, CA. Most of CA will get wet with this one. I'm going to try and get a good skate in before the drizzling starts, may not get another chance until Tuesday.
It's been snowing since yesterday evening. We have around 3 - 4 inches of snow.

It's cold and windy with blowing snow. It should calm down tonight.
I have not seen a snow flake since 1964, New England winter.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just started the week's rain here about noon. Barely got my skate in. Berkeley, CA. 58F.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Hazy sun early morning, rain will form as afternoon stretches on, maybe start around 2-3PM a bit, things will get good and wet as evening settles in. Berkeley, CA. Most of CA will get wet with this one. I'm going to try and get a good skate in before the drizzling starts, may not get another chance until Tuesday.

You don't know what you're missing. ;)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It sucks. I live in what is considered "the south"... the high today? 18°F

We rescued a senior hound dog several years ago. He clearly had a hard life, and has probably been cold in his past. His coat is not really designed for cold weather. He has been outside 3 times today, and solely for the purpose of doing his business and dragging me back to the house.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You don't know what you're missing. ;)
Yup, I get that. People love the snow, talk about how beautiful it is, how much fun it is to play in. I guess I should head out to the mountains one day. I have a set of chains, have no idea how to put them on. Somebody left them here.

Actually, I did see snow after that winter of 1964. It was probably 1966 or so, in the California mountains. Went skiing with family, friends. I put skis on, didn't fall once (I was nervous).

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yup, I get that. People love the snow, talk about how beautiful it is, how much fun it is to play in. I guess I should head out to the mountains one day. I have a set of chains, have no idea how to put them on. Somebody left them here.

Actually, I did see snow after that winter of 1964. It was probably 1966 or so, in the California mountains. Went skiing with family, friends. I put skis on, didn't fall once (I was nervous).

Dude I played in the snow in Taiwan, a subtropical island. I think I was around ten year old. Went up to the highest montain in Taiwan when it somehow snowed xd. It was crazy how many people went up. We are talking car reachable height, not alpime climbing.

Last edited:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
It's 14F but it feels like 5F. It's was 50+F the last couple of days but we have a white cold x-mas here in WV.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

You haven't been paying attention...We had visible snow when I was working on the San Mateo bridge in 98-99, and when I was working on the Richmond bridge...maybe winter 2001. (not that any of it stuck...but it was in the air)

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You haven't been paying attention...We had visible snow when I was working on the San Mateo bridge in 98-99, and when I was working on the Richmond bridge...maybe winter 2001. (not that any of it stuck...but it was in the air)
I didn't say there hadn't been snow in my vicinity, I said I hadn't seen it. If I'd gotten in my car and climbed the Berkeley hills at the right time I'd have seen snow on the ground. I didn't bother. So, yes, I have been paying attention. But you haven't!!! :cool:

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Currently 21F, and not supposed to get above freezing today. That's great! I'm gonna haul firewood from the backyard to the front porch. After all the rain, my yard's a swamp, so I'm hoping it'll be frozen tight enough to not have to go 4wheeling with my wheelbarrow.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
-16 feels like -24 mostly overcast.

We had a random heat wave for like 1-2 days and it brought rain and now everything is just jagged ice. My driveway is a wreck, can't do anything with that crap. Just have to wait for more snow so it can fill in all the rough spots and try to get it smooth again. The roads are the same way, super rough and icy.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
It's -5C and feels like -11C.

It is still snowing out. We have around 5 inches or so.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
But why is 16 inches highlighted, when there are twelve inches to a foot. And why is the "metric" side in inches as well, but only half?

Jun 18, 2000
It's a framers tape. 16 inches are marked for laying out studs in a wall. Makes it easy to mark off a bunch of studs in a row. And there is no metric side.

Reactions: Captante

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
It is cold and then warm up quickly and then cold again after the sun went down. But no snow or rain.