Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Another scorcher today, 28. Which comes up to 82F. Maybe not as hot as the south but still super hot for here. The heat warning is still in effect. Definitely glad I fixed the A/C in the truck.

I sprayed my parent's house for bugs and did mine too, that's the extent of outdoor physical activity for me today. :p We're suppose to have a small family gathering at my sister's (allowed up to 10 people now) for my nephew's grad and they setup shade etc in their yard so it should be alright.

Definitely not complaining though, it's great to finally have summer weather and wear shorts. I can't even imagine wearing jeans in this, I feel bad for people that have jobs where they have to wear pants.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Another scorcher today, 28. Which comes up to 82F. Maybe not as hot as the south but still super hot for here. The heat warning is still in effect. Definitely glad I fixed the A/C in the truck.

I sprayed my parent's house for bugs and did mine too, that's the extent of outdoor physical activity for me today. :p We're suppose to have a small family gathering at my sister's (allowed up to 10 people now) for my nephew's grad and they setup shade etc in their yard so it should be alright.

Definitely not complaining though, it's great to finally have summer weather and wear shorts. I can't even imagine wearing jeans in this, I feel bad for people that have jobs where they have to wear pants.
it's 28C here and rising.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's 65F here...heading for the scorching temp of 66F!
(it'll probably get warmer than that, depending on how close to the water a person is.)

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Hit high 80s today. Went for a walk during lunch, and I started to sweat a little on the way back. Made it back into the AC'd office just in time!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Went down to 21 tonight which is still quite warm especially for night time, just came back from a walk a while ago as the sun was setting, was a nice walk. It's cool how the sun is still out at like 10pm at this time of year.

As a side note I managed to not get a sunburn today while out with family. We had a tent we all stayed under, then we would go inside to cool off once in a while.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Going to be a high of 88F today. I don't know how people live without central AC.

The only AC we have here is open windows and a cool ocean breeze. It's VERY unusual (but not unheard of) for it to get above 85 here.

Nov 17, 2019
86 already, 62 dewpoint. Nasty.

Central A/C sucks power. I use a single window 6K unit and close the room door when in use. Otherwise windows and a ceiling fan does the deed.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
for some odd reason it is sitting at 22C. We are supposed to hit 31C today.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
29C here, another hot one. UV index is also showing as "very high" I don't think I've ever seen it get there before, it's usually at "high". Either way I will look like a lobster if I go in the sun for too long. :p

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
29C here, another hot one. UV index is also showing as "very high" I don't think I've ever seen it get there before, it's usually at "high". Either way I will look like a lobster if I go in the sun for too long. :p

Sunshine is nature's ginger repellent.

Reactions: snoopy7548

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
we just had a number of thunderstorms roll through. Nothing serious, though. Just a lot of rain. The temps dropped from 28C to 24C.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
We have thunderstorms coming too tomorrow. Any time we get these heat events it usually ends in thunderstorms and it cools right down.

I have bunch of grass seed I got from a farm (better than the stuff you get at hardware store) so I will apply them later tonight at sun set.

Had to turn off A/C since I was brushing freshly sanded drywall to prep for paint, now that the dust settled a bit I turned it back on, then will paint after.

I was hesitant for the longest time about getting A/C since our summers are so short, but I'm so glad I caved and got it. Worth every penny to be able to be comfortable in my own house.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
We have thunderstorms coming too tomorrow. Any time we get these heat events it usually ends in thunderstorms and it cools right down.

I have bunch of grass seed I got from a farm (better than the stuff you get at hardware store) so I will apply them later tonight at sun set.

Had to turn off A/C since I was brushing freshly sanded drywall to prep for paint, now that the dust settled a bit I turned it back on, then will paint after.

I was hesitant for the longest time about getting A/C since our summers are so short, but I'm so glad I caved and got it. Worth every penny to be able to be comfortable in my own house.

Yep, central air is so worth it.

I had the AC off all day and it got up to 76F in my house. Turned it on when I got home from work, and now it's a cool 72F. Aww yeah. :cool:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Sorry,had some nice weather last few days :) Time to say hello to summer soon in a few hours.

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
we are under a heat warning here due to 30C and humidity. This is supposed to continue until Monday.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I don't know how you people who live in hot climates deal with running outside. It's not even 7AM and it's in the 70s here. It was 83 when I started my run yesterday and I wanted to die by the end.