Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Do we really have to say it?
aab.gif
yes.

:cool:

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Cristobal is likely to show up here at any moment now. The sump pump is ready for action, but high winds/tornadoes are a concern.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
nice...where you at, Snoopy?

MA. This was around the Cisco campus, which is completely deserted (though even without a pandemic, the parking lots are barely half-full anyways.) Here are a few more. It's a really nice area.

1591789082140.png

1591789099170.png

1591789111879.png

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
currently 17 with 91% humidity... will hit 31 later. This is after about half an hour of rain.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
at 3:00AM we had some thunderstorms roar through. Lots of lightning and heavy rain. Lasted about an hour.

Forecast is for more thunderstorms today.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Woah it just started randomly raining pretty hard. 15C out right now.

I need to bring my truck to the shop to fix the AC... which I don't think I'll be needing for a while lol. Was going to walk back but might pass on that. I'll bring it later and get a ride from someone.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Been hot the last few days and supposedly again today before rain moves in this evening.

Worst thing is that the wiring in my apartment is on the sketchy side (VERY old building) plus the battery in my UPS just kicked the bucket. Can't install/run my bedroom AC and my computer at the same time till its replaced without blowing the power out.

:confused_old:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
round 2 of thunderstorms about to start here. Sky is very dark and the wind just stopped.

not a good omen.

EDIT: the wind just started up again in the opposite direction. :eek:

Reactions: snoopy7548

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
round 2 of thunderstorms about to start here. Sky is very dark and the wind just stopped.

not a good omen.

I always like a good thunderstorm. Seems we don't get as many as we used to.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I always like a good thunderstorm. Seems we don't get as many as we used to.

I miss the thunderboomers. Grew up in Springfield Mass as a youngster...got quite a few there...best ones were when we lived in the Rockies. We might get one or two small ones per year here.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

not a good omen.

So thunderstorms apparently have an eye? :cool:

Actually I don't see why not if the cell is big enough.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Having crazy winds here, but sunny and warm, it's a very odd thing. It was comical going outside with my hair untied. It was just all over the place.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Looking at national radar there appear to be several nasty storms and a possible bow-echo southwest of Toronto. These look to be part of a front moving SW to NE.

Also one wicked looking storm which looks to have a slight rotation moving NE over central PA.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Looking at national radar there appear to be several nasty storms and a possible bow-echo southwest of Toronto. These look to be part of a front moving SW to NE.

Also one wicked looking storm which looks to have a slight rotation moving NE over central PA.
Thunderstorms are going through here now. I am west of Toronto and east of Detroit.

The wind always gets weird as thunderstorms approach. Giant heat pumps they are.

The temp has dropped nearly 10 degrees in 20 minutes. Was 29C and now 20C.

Thunderstorms lift 500 million kilograms of water vapor into themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: mopardude87

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
We just got issued a Tornado Warning:

Tornado warning in effect for:

• London - Parkhill - Eastern Middlesex County
At 8:46 p.m. EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.

Tornado just southeast of Dorchester may reach the Ingersoll area by 9.15 PM.

This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. If you hear a roaring sound or see a funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground, flying debris, or any threatening weather approaching, take shelter immediately.

Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.

Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!

Tornado warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing tornadoes.

The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

:eek:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Stay safe. :eek:

With the winds and crazy weather we're having here I imagine it's even worse down south. Oddly enough no thunderstorms at all here, just wind and occasional rainfall.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
PNW "Juneuary" continues. Highs here in the upper 50's
to low 60's for the foreseeable future.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
We had 2 confirmed tornado touchdowns last night.

One was just south of Dorchester which is just south of London.

The other was south of Belmont which is about 20 KM southwest of London.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
We had 2 confirmed tornado touchdowns last night.

I so wanted to see the destructive power of a tornado on a old house or something from a distance, i hear its quite the ride. I had one though nearly touch down, all i could remember was all the near by trees swirling in circles. That was intense, big pieces of branches and stuff landed all over the neighborhood but it never touched down. Oddly was VERY quiet.

A prior relationship had me in Arkansas for 6 years, i never got to see a tornado. The gf turned wife got stuck in a few with her cousin though, but i managed to dodge every single one. I kinda miss it out there,especially the southern part. The Northwest part was Walmart land with a museum. Weather wasn't as exciting up there either lol.

Curious about where you're at to have 2 touch down, dayum.