Just checked my FICO score.

Aug 16, 2001
I just checked my score on myFICO.com and I got 2 out of three scores.

TransUnion: 719
Experian: 734
Equifax: 'No data' :Q

Equifax can't verify my identity for some odd reason WTH is going on. Other than that it looks pretty good.
The simulator shows that only one late oayment will reduce the score to the low 600 mark or lower.
Keep this in mind all of you that have cell-phones.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I used to get that with equifax and had to provide some extra identifying info to them or something.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Well...when I went last night to look at buying a new car...my 'empirical' score was much lower than the credit score I got from reading my report online via privacyguard.com. I wonder now if we're not told our true scores anymore.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser

Equifax can't verify my identity for some odd reason WTH is going on. Other than that it looks pretty good.
The simulator shows that only one late oayment will reduce the score to the low 600 mark or lower.

What is the Cell phone connection here ???

I pay my cellphone bill late all the time. Verizon hasn't had any problems with that yet.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Hmm... that's bad news for me about the late thing. I once forgot about my bill and only remembered on the second of the month at which time I paid my balance in full. I didn't think it would hurt my credit score that much :eek:

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Zombie

What is the Cell phone connection here ???

I pay my cellphone bill late all the time. Verizon hasn't had any problems with that yet.

I have T-mobile and they checked my credit to get it. It shows up as an opened credit account.
Beware, pay the phone on time or you're doomed.

That's the connection.

:cool:

Edit: I think it qualifies as a late payment after 30 days.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
Well...when I went last night to look at buying a new car...my 'empirical' score was much lower than the credit score I got from reading my report online via privacyguard.com. I wonder now if we're not told our true scores anymore.

You are getting the correct report from myFICO. All other empirical reports are just that, empirical.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
When you get your cell phone activated, they check your credit score. I don't think they're that strict but they check anyway.

Mine is somewhere around the 700s also.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I am positive that your cellphones late payments don't get reported unless they go in to collection. I have paid late for my cellphone atleast 4-5 times this year and it has yet to show up on my report. Last month I checked my FICO score was at 750. May be T-mobile reports it but that is just stupid of them. Verizon charges 15% late fee but they have yet to do that to me.

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000

I still gotcha beat ;)

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
last time I checked my credit report, none of my cell phone, landline phone, natural gas, electric, cable, long distance phone were on it.

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: richardycc
last time I checked my credit report, none of my cell phone, landline phone, natural gas, electric, cable, long distance phone were on it.

neither of my cells phone accounts (past and present) showed up of my fico chart

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Utilities do not show up on credit reports, but it is relatively common for cell phone accounts to show up, particularly Verizon and T-Mobile.
A late payment on a credit report is defined as 30 or more days late.

FrustratedUser, the most common reason for a missing bureau score is due to an insufficient number of accounts.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
If one late payment will reduce your score that much, you must not have much credit history.
But congrats on the score. That is very good.
I'm still trying to improve my score. I've bought a car and a house and payed everthing on time for the past two years after years of irresponsibility.
Two years ago, mine was 475. Now it's in the low to mid 600's.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
If Equifax can't identify you by asking you certain security questions all you have to do is call them and they'll be more than happy to assist you with your credit report. This happend to me and I called and the gentleman there was very nice and helped me out a lot.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
You are getting the correct report from myFICO. All other empirical reports are just that, empirical.
It's Empirica, which is just TransUnion's name for their FICO score calculation method. Equifax calls theirs "Beacon" and Experian is the one that actuals uses "FICO".
For the purposes of determining credit worthiness, lenders generally use 1 of 3 methods in regards to scoring. They use the accepted individual state bureau for the borrower's state (this varies by state but could any single score of the 3), they use the lower of 2 pulled bureaus, or they use the middle of all 3.

And Conjur is correct. There are different ways of calculating scores, and it is a well-known fact among loan officers that many of the consumer-only credit reporting agencies use methods that provide inflated scores compared to what banks and lenders actually use. I have posted about this here in the past, about how it is impossible for a 20 year-old kid with less than 2 years credit history to have a > 800 score (or even greater than 750).
myFICO.com is actually owned by Fair Isaac & Co. so the credit score one would get there would conform to industry standards.

Another thing to remember: a person's credit score is different with every pull. The system does not take into account the score from the last pull when calculating the score on the new pull. It recalculates the score completely with every pull. So if anything has changed, one's score could change dramatically.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Thanks for the info, Vic.

I see the MyFICO for HomeBuyers offers one, essentiall, a 180 day subscription to view one's report for $49.95. Think I'll sign up once I get my Ch. 7 discharge papers so I can work on cleaning up the credit report (a few errors are on mine now) and keeping an eye on it for the future.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I have t-mobile and they've not shown up on my transunion report. I've not checked equifax or experian since getting the phone.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Verizon is on my report and even though I have been well over 30 days late many many times the report shows all on time payments...

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Shanti
If one late payment will reduce your score that much, you must not have much credit history.
But congrats on the score. That is very good.
I'm still trying to improve my score. I've bought a car and a house and payed everthing on time for the past two years after years of irresponsibility.
Two years ago, mine was 475. Now it's in the low to mid 600's.

I have been in the country for only 1 year and 10 months so my score is great.