Just came back from the dentist....

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
had 1 filling (my root canal done by an endodontist needed permanent filling) a few weeks ago. so in order to avoid those again, i got my teeth cleaned and all x-rays taken to see what else needed to be done. Answer: 3 fillings yesterday (tooth decay or something), 2 more fillings today. AND i need 3 wisdom teeth taken out ASAP. He was just a cool guy. The assistants were good about suckig water out.

HIGHLIGHT of the day: after talking to him yesterday about getting a Sonicare Elite 7800 Pro toothbrush, I was shopping around today online and cheapest place was eGay for around $100. Before I left, he shook my hand and handed me a BRAND NEW BOX of SONICARE ELITE 7800 Pro. FOR FREE!!

What a cool dude. His assistant told me that they were out of the trial ones that they bought for $40. That lying $&*&$)#(*@#). Good to know that the BOSS was the coolest person there. Btw, it's SCHERTZ Dental in TX if anyone is in that area, I HIGHLY recommend them, and also HIGHLY recommend getting your teeth looked at often unless u want root canals done which SUCK and COST $$$$.

By the way, anyone know how the charging station works? There are no contact points but I put the brush in the holder (plastic touching plastic) and th green light turned on showing it's charging :)

Davi

EDIT: Total spent at this Office = $159 + $231 +$154 = $544 for 6 teeth, which is NOTHING compared to the Endodontists which was ~$2500 the first one that did a sheeety job (and crap crown) that had to be redone by another endo plus do another root that the last one missed for ~$1000. Oh yah the endos didn't even give me a damn $2 toothbrush, all that money for one tooth $3500 and no tooth brush.

lchyi

May 1, 2003
It charges through the plastic maybe. Contact + Water = Suckage.

Oh and your mouth got r4p3d.

wake

Oct 9, 1999
I hope that 5 fillings, a cleanings and some xrays doesn't cost anyone $8000!
Costs $1000 at most here. Granted a root canal is probably $500 +/- 200

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: wake

Depends. It's probably $1500 if you're paying cash.
But they will report $8000 to your insurance company :D

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Spooner
Dude, you just had at least $8,000 worth of dental work done.

Nope, $544 for 6 fillings and whole mouth X-rays and cleaning, plus he shaped my front teeth that were chipped.

Oh yah the last visit I got a $3 tooth brush and Tooth Paste and an Energy Bar (I was hungry) from him

And NO insurance, I used a discount dental plan called 'Signature'.

wake

Oct 9, 1999
EDIT: Total spent at this Office = $159 + $231 +$154 = $544 for 6 teeth, which is NOTHING compared to the Endodontists which was ~$2500 the first one that did a sheeety job (and crap crown) that had to be redone by another endo plus do another root that the last one missed for ~$1000. Oh yah the endos didn't even give me a damn $2 toothbrush, all that money for one tooth $3500 and no tooth brush.

If a root canal costs me $2500 I'm DEAD I'm supposed to get one soon. Have the tooth extracted only costs a couple hundred I guess I'll do that instead.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
supposedly some dentists have automatic labs now that make a crown operation a one trip deal.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Damn I think I should schedule an appointment with my dentist. They called to schedule one but I told them I would call them back lol.

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000

My root canal was 'redone' by someone else. I had 3 dentists total. The original guy that was an OLD man which I hated cause they ALWAYS made me choke on the water/saliva. (moron assistants). That was years ago.
A month ago, I had swelling in the gum above my crown. I went to get it checked in some general San Marcos dentistry place and was told that I need to see an endodontist.
So I went to the one that was on Signature's (my discount plan) preferred list. He showed me that my tooth was infected under the crown. (man he had the new X-ray equipment that shows your X-ray on a computer monitor within seconds. and you can zoom in and stuff, very neat) He had to drill into my crown, and re do al my roots plus one that the last endo missed (this guy was good). He filled it with temporaray filling and referred me to this new guy for a permanent filling (who gave me my new cool Sonicare).

I can't believe I had 8 fillings done (free) when i was less then 10 years old in Hong Kong, now most all those got repaired (so to speak). Oh yah, I'm 25. I'm a walking Denture.

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000

If a root canal costs me $2500 I'm DEAD I'm supposed to get one soon. Have the tooth extracted only costs a couple hundred I guess I'll do that instead.

I had to get a crown also. He was a rip off and my insurance and that time didn't cover jack squat.

wake

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DaviDaVinci

My root canal was 'redone' by someone else. I had 3 dentists total. The original guy that was an OLD man which I hated cause they ALWAYS made me choke on the water/saliva. (moron assistants). That was years ago.
A month ago, I had swelling in the gum above my crown. I went to get it checked in some general San Marcos dentistry place and was told that I need to see an endodontist.
So I went to the one that was on Signature's (my discount plan) preferred list. He showed me that my tooth was infected under the crown. (man he had the new X-ray equipment that shows your X-ray on a computer monitor within seconds. and you can zoom in and stuff, very neat) He had to drill into my crown, and re do al my roots plus one that the last endo missed (this guy was good). He filled it with temporaray filling and referred me to this new guy for a permanent filling (who gave me my new cool Sonicare).

I can't believe I had 8 fillings done (free) when i was less then 10 years old in Hong Kong, now most all those got repaired (so to speak). Oh yah, I'm 25. I'm a walking Denture.

Damn.. Well I'm having all 11 mercury fillings restored to non mercury for health reasons... Wish me luck

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
The charger works over radio signal I believe. I have an Elite 7800 - I love it - amazing stuff.