Just called Police non-emergency

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
I'm standing on my back porch smoking a cigarette, when I hear footsteps in the alley. Cuff my cigarette real quck and stand motionless, (I was wearing a black jacket and the roof on my porch keeps me in the shadows). So this guy comes walking down the alley, may have been drunk or high because his footsteps did not sound quite right. He's smoking a cigarette, so I figure he's on his way home from the bar, even though he is walking towards the bar that is a few blocks away from my house. He gets to my neighbors house and shines a FLASHLIGHT right in their bedroom window. It looked like the blinds were down but you get the point.

So quick like a bunny I circle around the other side of my house to see if he kept walking, but I don't see him come out the other side. I circle back around and don't see him by the side of my neighbors house either. Then I see some movement on the sidewalk on the other side of my neighbors house (they live on the corner). So I run inside and look up the Police Non-Emergency number and call them. I tell them all the details and they send out a car.

I hope they catch the bastard, my all of the houses on the alley have been spraypainted in the last 12 months and my neighbors house was broken into last month in broad daylight. People in my small city are all for growth these days, but I don't appreciate that kind of growth.

The police non emergency number is now programmed in to my cell phone. Next time, they will catch the bastard!!

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
Thats freaky, did you get a look of what this guy was wearing or a vague idea of what he looked like? I hope they catch this guy.
My friends house was broken into while his sister was home sleeping on the couch. I dropped him off at his house and I noticed his front door was open a crack. He said his sister must have forgot to close the door, so I went home and like 5 minutes later he calls me up saying that his windows was broken and there were muddy foot prints on his bed leading through the house and out the front door. The guy who broke in must have freaked out when he saw his sister on the couch sleeping.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: HiTek21
Thats freaky, did you get a look of what this guy was wearing or a vague idea of what he looked like? I hope they catch this guy.
My friends house was broken into while his sister was home sleeping on the couch. I dropped him off at his house and I noticed his front door was open a crack. He said his sister must have forgot to close the door, so I went home and like 5 minutes later he calls me up saying that his windows was broken and there were muddy foot prints on his bed leading through the house and out the front door. The guy who broke in must have freaked out when he saw his sister on the couch sleeping.

I couldn't really see what he was wearing, the dispatcher asked me that too, it's super dark tonight :( The cops came by and spotlighted the whole neighborhood, then called me and told me they would keep looking.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HiTek21
Damn.. That's scary. :(

Sh!t like that makes me afraid to leave my girlfriend home alone, heh.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Maleficus
u forgot to add the last part that u ran and posted on AT :)

Yes :), after I loaded my shotgun and locked my doors. I pity the fool that trys to break in to my house :D

I wasn't sure if I should make some noise to scare him off, or be quiet so he would stick around. I don't think he saw anything of interest though, so he moved on.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: chiwawa626
You shoulda shot him with a BB or Paintball gun :)

Sorry, no non-lethal guns in this house. As soon as I can afford it, I think I'll get a handgun. For now I've got a little .410 shotgun with a semi-pistol grip, and a Reuger .22 :)

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
to bad u didnt have firecrackers...

hey you there..freeze..i said freeze!!

bang bang :p

im sure you would have scared the sh1t out of him

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Do you realize that dude you just saw outside is now behind you watching you make that call.....

Ausm

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Yeah, THAT'S a good way to get yourself in a shitload of trouble. If your burglar isn't hopped up on some type of drug, they sure as hell have at least a ton of adrenaline running through their system. You think a BB or paintball gun will stop them? This is exactly why a shotgun is the best choice for home defense. You don't want your intruder to be able to react.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
to bad u didnt have firecrackers...

hey you there..freeze..i said freeze!!

bang bang :p

im sure you would have scared the sh1t out of him

LOL! good reason to keep firecrackers on your person. Too bad they are illegal in Oregon :( They sell freaking bubblewrap here for kids to jump on
rolleye.gif
I do have a friend that's going to Idaho this weekend though :cool:

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: ausm
Do you realize that dude you just saw outside is now behind you watching you make that call.....

Ausm

Actually I saw him cruising down the sidewalk about a half a block away. And it was about 1:30 this morning :p

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: DorkBoy
why are you calling non emergency ?

I probably would have called 911 if he actually tried to get in the house, but I didn't think it warranted a 911 emergency.

ragazzo

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Occifer

Sorry, no non-lethal guns in this house. As soon as I can afford it, I think I'll get a handgun. For now I've got a little .410 shotgun with a semi-pistol grip, and a Reuger .22 :)

Reuger or Leuger? Never heard of a Reuger before.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: ragazzo
Originally posted by: Occifer

Reuger or Leuger? Never heard of a Reuger before.

Sorry, I mis-spelled it. It's a Ruger. :)