Just built a new computer and its taking quite long to boot.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
I just switch the two bad banks into the two that works to test the memory sticks. It they work, I return the motherboard and call it a day! No need to try to trouble shoot it out and waste tons of time. If the RAM is specific to this motherboard, return the 4 sticks as well!

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
JayTwoCents on YouTube says this is a common thing. Your PC is getting used to your hardware and the settings. It contnually tries it at a tighter ram settings. Lowering it until it gets stable settings. it may take several reboots to get this right.

nightspydk

Sep 7, 2012
I had some bad experiences with corsair so i tend to avoid it as well. Have you looked at the qvl for ram?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I had a BIOS flash "crash" with an ASUS Striker mobo for an Intel Q6600 Kenstfield processor. So before contacting ASUS for an RMA, I spent about $15 on another BIOS chip flashed to my make, model and version BIOS.

It's just a fact of life that the more RAM in its quantity that you put in the motherboard, the longer it will take to post the BIOS initial screen.

But check some other items. For instance -- did you mistakenly leave an optical disc in the BD or DVD burner or reader? Overlooking that possibility cost me about two days in delay to my project. It was just something that simple and stupid. Before posting the BIOS, or otherwise moving on to complete boot-up at boot time, it must enumerate connected drives, and an optical disc will delay raising the OS program to post on the monitor.