Just bought myself an expensive useless toy for my car!

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Well, it's not really THAT expensive, but for what it is and what i'll use it for it was one of those "out there" purchases.

linky

Only thing I really bought it for was it's realtime fuel consumption gauge...the excuse i'm telling myself is that if I can figure out what the most efficient speed for my car is on the highway drive to/from work I can (hopefully) gain another 2-3 mpg. This will add up, and EVENTUALLY pay for the device... :)

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Does the second pic on the page show a unit with a broken LCD panel? Look near the bottom, it appears to be bleeding...

Kevin1211

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
Buy for Just
$169.95
Shipping is Included!

LMAO!!!.... you couldve just mailed the money to me...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Mr Smiley
Whoa, it tracks things in real-time! I wish all cars had gauges like these...

yeah my dads STS had it. i loved the gauge.

though i wouldnt pay that much for one. though if it was around $60 i would get one.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
A friend's '00 Jetta has this thing. Pretty neat. I'd like to have something like it for my car.

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: akshatp
Does the second pic on the page show a unit with a broken LCD panel? Look near the bottom, it appears to be bleeding...

LOL, I thought that too, but I am pretty sure it is the reflection of the key

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: akshatp

You mean the one with the reflection of the key?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: wasssup
Well, it's not really THAT expensive, but for what it is and what i'll use it for it was one of those "out there" purchases.

linky

Only thing I really bought it for was it's realtime fuel consumption gauge...the excuse i'm telling myself is that if I can figure out what the most efficient speed for my car is on the highway drive to/from work I can (hopefully) gain another 2-3 mpg. This will add up, and EVENTUALLY pay for the device... :)

hm.. do you need a digital fuel gauge for the real time mpg to work?

aka how does it know how much fuel you are using?

Oct 4, 2004
Doesn't sound useless at all. Looks like a decent device (assuming it works as advertised). It's not like you got a $400 GPS system for the annual Christmas road trip to Grandma's.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
HAHAHA the old Caprice wagons in the 1980s had an analog guage that showed "fuel efficiency"!

And most Chrysler vehicles give you real time fuel economy. I'm sure that a lot of cars do.

Still an interesting gadget.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
I plan on building a carputer that interfaces with the ODBII port thingy and gives me digital readouts for mpg mph, etc.