Just bought BC2 yesterday, can't login

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
I have tried about 20 times, and have never been able to try the multi player out. Is this happening to everyone? Or is it just my situation? I am in Japan, but bought a CD key off EBAY guaranteed to work worldwide. I was able to download and install using EA Download Manager, and I can play the single player. But have been unable to play the multi player. BTW, I had been able to play the Beta here.
Bit frustrating as I have to manually check and input my mail address, passwords, CD keys, etc everytime I want to try and connect. And there is no cut-n-paste apparently.
Any ideas?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have tried about 20 times, and have never been able to try the multi player out. Is this happening to everyone? Or is it just my situation? I am in Japan, but bought a CD key off EBAY guaranteed to work worldwide. I was able to download and install using EA Download Manager, and I can play the single player. But have been unable to play the multi player. BTW, I had been able to play the Beta here.
Bit frustrating as I have to manually check and input my mail address, passwords, CD keys, etc everytime I want to try and connect. And there is no cut-n-paste apparently.
Any ideas?

This. I would never buy a key off ebay. So what does it tell you when you try and login? I would definately contact the seller and give him a whats up. I did see one for the limited edition that indicated there should be 2 keys. 1 for unlocking the weapon upgrades and 1 for playing online.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
I bought it from a "power seller" or whatever the terms are in EBAY land - many awards from consistently positive feedback of satisfied customers who bought game keys off him. I thought it was legit. No reason to think otherwise. Here's his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAP...id=game-new2009&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Is the server down for everyone? Or am I the only one who consistently can't log on?
BTW, thanks I did send a mail a few hours ago to check what's up.

Last edited:

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
I bought it from a "power seller" or whatever the terms are in EBAY land - many awards from consistently positive feedback of satisfied customers who bought game keys off him. I thought it was legit. No reason to think otherwise. Here's his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAP...id=game-new2009&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Is the server down for everyone? Or am I the only one who consistently can't log on?
BTW, thanks I did send a mail a few hours ago to check what's up.
still i would never buy such a game from ebay.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
-Uninstalled BETA. There was still a small folder left from the demo. I manually deleted that.

-Ran updated directly from program files. There is also a MCE version. I'm assuming not for me. In any case, When it installed, there was no game direct shortcut created, just the "EA Download Manager" icon, which has my game listed, with "play" beside it, which when I double-click, it starts the updater automatically and leads me through the startup. I can login to my EA account, it then asks for product key, which I have to manually enter, and it always give me an "unable to login. try again" message. Any ideas?

-I wouldn't have had to buy off Ebay if EA Japan was more clear. There web site leaves the impression the game is all in Japanese, and is not listed under "English Games". I tried calling them on the phone for a week to clarify - always busy. I asked on many forums several times, and no one knew. So the Ebay guy, with 300+ happy customers, selling an English version, seemed like my only option. The "Japanese" game is $70, a bit much to just buy and hope for the best.

My game had the languages as an option on install. Is everyone's like that? Also, why was the game unavailable in Japan until March 11?

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
haven't had any problems logging in for days now

seems kinda weird that you're having problems - would think it would give you a login or cdkey problem, not can't connect

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
AH!
Think I got it! I tried goin in under the "redeemtion code" or whatever section its called under multiplayer. I had been given this code for the unlocks. From there is let me login to play, without the CD key. Kida of convaluted. I had tried this before, but may have miscopied one of the characters. In any case, everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

As a side, it wouldn't let me signup under the name I used in BF2 and the BETA, saying it was "in use" (its an unusal name, so I don't think someone used it in the couple of weeks gap). Is this a glitch for everyone? Would be nice to use the same name Ive had since Vietnam.

Anyway, just glad to get it working, thanks.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
are you using the same email used with the EA account you created for BETA? you should be able to use the same name if you are using the same EA account.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
that would explain it. Are my promo code unlocks gone now (untransferable to the old name)? I applied them to the new name. Maybe its not a big deal either way... are they easy to get through play?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
I just tried to switch to my old user name - it won't let me. I tried signing in under the different email address I used with the demo. It then asks for the key and wont let me sign in with it, saying it in use.
So I take it the only way I can use my old name is to buy a new game?

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
did you already register the game with an email address different from the one you signed up for beta with? if so, then you can't use the old name.

i don't know if you played previous BF games, but your account name is tied to the single email address you have on record with EA. all your BF and EA game persona is tied to that email address, so you should try using the same one.

man you're like the only one who has all these account problems. hope you understand what i mean.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Thanks for the info.

I signed up for BF Vietnam and BF2 over 5 years ago. Can't remember if I had to use a mail address or not, but I wouldn't have if I didn't have to. As for the beta, I used a dummy address, as I haven't used EA downloader before, and didn't know if it would give me spam, etc. Not trying to cause problems, just being careful and didn't know my mail address used in demos links my game handle for life.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
cool at least you know now.
they explicitly said that the in game name you are using in BETA will be reserved for you in the full version. the only way to prove you are that guy is that you would have the same EA account, which is tied to your email address.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Ya, left me a bit unhappy with the purchase.
Every other game I have had just had the serial key. This one had 2 codes, and one had 4 digit groups separated by dashes, seemed like the key to me. It was, so I tried many times under "Play Now", "multiplayer", and "login" to start multiplayer. The other code looked like it was for the 6 unlocks, to be used AFTER signing up. Ironically, I tried the dummy address to signin, thinking there was some kind of mixup, but that wouldn't work either. So I could only play the game under the obscure sounding "promotion code" menu with the unlock key. How do people play that bought the ordinary game without the unlocks?! What pissed me off more was that I had to hand-copy and manual input all these addresses, codes, etc. I had the key correct, but may have mistyped the "promo code" initially. And now there is no way get my sign in name of the last 6 years - unless I want to buy a new game. Not very happy with my "weekend game" purchase...

Yes I can play now, but all my unlocks are gone, and I have a different name.

Anyway, kind of regret getting involved with all this now. I should either buy a new game, or trash it and enjoy the smooth fun of BF2.