just bought 2005FPW wont hit 75hz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I don't see your obsession for setting it to 75 Hz. I thought pretty much all LCDs were meant to run at 60 Hz. If you goto your Display properties, then Advanced, then to the Monitor tab, if you have 'show only supported modes', then 75 Hz is not an option at 1680x1050. Granted you can probably force it to, but again, I don't see any reason to screw with it with an LCD.

Anyway I don't see how someone who can barely type a coherent sentence can have so much good computer equipment!

As for correcting the color, I don't really know.. I never got an answer to that question when I tried. There is some color calibration software, but it seems to be pretty profession level stuff and cost a whole ton of money. Can you tell the colors are off? Maybe your monitor color profile is messed up? I think it's the .icm file or something that would be on the Dell CD... you could try reinstalling it.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
It doesn't hurt to have the Dell monitor driver installed, but color adjustments are provided by ATI's drivers in the location I described earlier. This is how it's done on DVI.

moonboy403

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2004
i don't think you can get rid of ghosting by increasing the refresh rate can you?

Bushman5

May 14, 2005
so how come people say this is such a great gaming monitor if their is ghosting present? i rea tons of revierws and lots of people said no it has no ghosting ect ect

moonboy403

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2004
depends on the beholder?
like some people say that it's playable to have their framerates in the 30s
while others say it has to be in the 50s?

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Bushman5
so how come people say this is such a great gaming monitor if their is ghosting present? i rea tons of revierws and lots of people said no it has no ghosting ect ect

I don't think an LCD exists that doesn't exhibit some ghosting. People are saying that the 2005FPW doesn't have any ghosting because it isn't noticable/irritable to most people (myself included). It is possible however, that you are more sensitive than most people in this regard, so you may notice the ghosting more than they do.

why would i go to a inferior card just for 75hz

For the record, There are lots of NV cards that will bury you little X800 Pro. For gaming at the 2005FPW's native resolution of 1680x1050, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that card for any of the newer games.

Aonghasan

Oct 27, 2004
I am running 5.11's with CCC, and i am able to switch to 75HZ on my 2005fpw in the control center.

Bushman5

May 14, 2005
Ill download the New ATI DSrivers abnd Source runs at 80 FPS at max eveyrthing and that game is my only consern

Toro 45

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: 5150Joker
Originally posted by: unfalliblekrutch
pardon my ignorance, but why would you want 75hz versus 60hz?

Reduces mouse lag. I use 75 hz all the time on my 2005 FPW using the nVidia control panel to set the refresh rate to 75 hz. Makes a big difference in FPS games.

I've never heard this before, any links or anyone else see an improvement in mouse lag with the higher refresh rate?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I need to know how to get this great monitor to 75 mhz on a x800 pro

Just use the native 60hz like you're suppose to.... 60hz looks fine on an LCD, it's not the same as a CRT.

peleejosh

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
Upping it to 75hz will not affect the ghosting in any way. If you notice ghosting on a 2005 fpw, then you should probably stick with a CRT. It doesnt matter what FPS your games run at, the lcd is limited by response time not refresh.

kreidel

Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: duragezic

Anyway I don't see how someone who can barely type a coherent sentence can have so much good computer equipment!

This is going to be in my sig soon!!! I love it!

Bushman5

May 14, 2005
also no one has helped me by telling me wat is a good software that will help me colour correct my monitor

Bushman5

May 14, 2005
i need a calibration program not for me to do it by hand Their was one that was on my MSI cd but i cantr rememver the name it was e something e colour blahc ant remember