Just bought 2 tickets to see The Weeknd in Chicago!!

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I noticed earlier tonight that The Weeknd had rescheduled his tour dates and it just so happens that his United Center show is taking place on January 23rd 2022. My wife and I love his music so I snagged two tickets!!!!AWESOME!! I booked a hotel for Saturday the 22nd so we can drive up and spend the day in Chicago then wake up Sunday and hang out some more then later that night rock it out to The Weeknd :cool: then crash back at the hotel after the show and then check out on Monday the 24th.

A fucking weekend in Chicago with just my wife sounds amazing...no kids, no work, no worries....just me and her spending some time together in Chicago.

theweeknd.png

Reactions: ch33zw1z

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
And yeah I know his music doesn't exactly resonate with a lot of you guys but hey it's gonna be a pretty kick ass show and a memory we will have forever just like when we saw The Rolling Stones at Comiskey Park back in 2002.

Reactions: Captante

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
He's a good performer, should be a blast. I like telling corny puns to make the Mrs smile, and his tunes have plenty to work with.

I know it's a year away, but have fun! Just getting time alone without the kids can remind us married folks why we got married to begin with lol, stoke the flames a bit

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
While Chicago isn't my #1 wintertime destination (after living there 15 years) the culture and food is still very solid even in the cold.

Reactions: zinfamous

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
While Chicago isn't my #1 wintertime destination (after living there 15 years) the culture and food is still very solid even in the cold.
yup, Chicago definitely isn't my favorite winter destination but I love the city, the people, food, and culture.

OP, sounds like great plan and something you and your wife can look forward to. 11 months from now seems like long ways off but it will be here before you know it. Enjoy it and make memorable memories. That's really the best part about life.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I see now, you consider the lead singer to be your soulmate and wanted to have hair look like it inspired by him.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Also, based on the small sample I heard at the Super Bowl, The Weeknd does sound very 80s-ish...so I'm not surprised a batch of older people would fancy them.

I'm a music geek 32 years young....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I'd say it's more fun visiting during the winter than it is living there throughout the winter.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Paying a pop-star to play a backing track while lip-syncing seems like a complete waste of money to me....

Hopefully you are blessed with decent weather next January and you can enjoy Chicago!

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah that's why we don't do it very often. Like I mentioned above the last time we payed to go see some pop stars perform was back in 2002. We are very particular when it comes to seeing musical performances in person. It HAS to be special for both of us.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I know a lot of people didn't like his Super Bowl performance, but I thought it was well done. That said, I really didn't know much about him until I googled him. Holy crap, I had no clue he was in to drugs (MDMA and Oxy) and wrote most of his music that way. I guess not totally surprising because a lot of musicians do, but It's wild he admitted it.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I had tickets to 3 concerts I was really looking forward to last year (2 in Chicago/ 1 in LA), as well as 3 day tickets to Riot Fest. They all got delayed of course, really hoping Riot Fest somehow happens this year. $242 is crazy for a ticket price, the highest tickets I got for last year were $89 and those are VIP haha. Most I've paid was $150 a ticket for Radiohead, it was also at the UC, was a good show but still felt way overpriced, plus $12 beers and $45 T shirts didn't help that.

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Hopefully the weather will be like this year (at least in January) which was actually really nice. February then decided that we were spoiled :(.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Well doesn't this just fucking suck ass.....fuckin a....we were so looking forward to this.

Untitled.png

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Well doesn't this just fucking suck ass.....fuckin a....we were so looking forward to this.

View attachment 51736

Aww dang that's a disappointment!

News sources are saying he cancelled $100 million in tickets because he wants to make $300 million doing bigger stadium events. Lame to everyone who pre-ordered & were looking forward to it all year!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Aww dang that's a disappointment!

News sources are saying he cancelled $100 million in tickets because he wants to make $300 million doing bigger stadium events. Lame to everyone who pre-ordered & were looking forward to it all year!

Yeah I have some opinions about this decision.

The only bigger venues in Chicago are outside (Soldier Field or Wrigley) so anything before spring seems doubtful.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Yeah I have some opinions about this decision.

The only bigger venues in Chicago are outside (Soldier Field or Wrigley) so anything before spring seems doubtful.

To be fair...if I was a musician & could pull in an extra $200 million...I mean...c'mon lol

I think money is such a huge driver this way. So many crappy movie sequels built just to capitalize on the success of the original, with no effort put into them.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
To be fair...if I was a musician & could pull in an extra $200 million...I mean...c'mon lol

Oh I get the plan. Fewer dates and more money. Certainly an attractive proposition as much as I might dislike screwing over a lot of people to make it happen.

I think money is such a huge driver this way. So many crappy movie sequels built just to capitalize on the success of the original, with no effort put into them.

Hollywood has been remakes and sequels just about since its inception. Original ideas are few and far between, most people just forget all the dreck. Though infrequently sequels can be better than the original film.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Wow, straight-up cancelled, even. I've got tickets to a concert originally scheduled for last October that got rescheduled for 2021, and then rescheduled again to next May. They probably care more about their fans than The Weeknd though.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
And yeah I know his music doesn't exactly resonate with a lot of you guys but hey it's gonna be a pretty kick ass show and a memory we will have forever just like when we saw The Rolling Stones at Comiskey Park back in 2002.

As long as YOU like it who gives two craps what any of us way over here in the peanut-gallery think?!?

:D

View attachment 51736

Bummer! :(

Then again it might be smarter to avoid big INDOOR events for awhile longer.... I know I am. May well be they did you a favor!

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

you already made the deal, thought, with your fans.

super dick move. it's why capitalism just rots humans. All he needed was one year and his normal payout, keep his deal with the people that made plans around this shit, then make his big bank...one fucking year later.

seriously. It's just one year. What the hell is wrong with people?

It's not a good decision for the guy. It's a straight dick move. And yes, I get the financial incentive, but that's what you decide before you sell tickets when you are making an honest value judgement. Life's a gamble, but you should stay professional, first, imo. Don't be a dick. Very simple.