Just avoided a ticket. ya..

Oct 9, 1999
Well not excatly.. i still hve to drive 200 miles back to LA.

But I did have a cop follow me for a moment, I was doing about 50 in a 40 zone. I saw him and slowed down, he did an Uturn.. I kept my speed as the limit changed and took a right turn... by then he had forgotten about me.

I must say that the cops in San Luis Obispo are getting worse everytime I come here. Just for the record I was going down Foothill towards Santa Rosa (I was coming out thru Los Osos Rd via foothill.. the guy was between Patrica and La Theria (I think)..

Oh well.. I shuold have had my radar detector on.. cops in SLO run with the radar on.

More later when I reach LA>

TGG

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
funny thing happened to me today. me and the family was heading back to Jersey from Virginia today. A cop came up behind us, we were doing 60 in a 55 zone (which I heard was completely legal)! he passed right by us, and a couple of cars were riding right along with the cop, doing 65MPH. All of a sudden, his lights come on, he pulls a car over. Out of the entire pack of cars, it looked like he selected to ticket a **gasp** black man.

There I was with my head out of the window in awe. Out of all of the cars doing 65 MPH alongside the cop, he decides to stop the black person out of the group. Just seemed a little weird to me.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I beat a ticket for running a red (yellow) light once. And people say NO ONE ever beats those.
Here's how I did it. The speed limit was 25mph the light turned to yellow when I was maybe 30 feet away for it. (this the cop didn't dispute) I got out the DMV "drivers manual" before going to court, according to it. "you must stop at a light turning yellow, unless it's unsafe to do otherwise". Also according to the manual, it takes X amount of feet to stop going X speed. At my speed & distance from the light when it changed I would have (according to the manual) been right in the middle of the intersection by the time I stopped! Adding to this the fact that I had a LARGE golden retriever in the back of my "wagon" if I had panic stopped the dog would have been in the front seat! The judge tossed it out :)

Do your research! You never know what you may be able to beat!! :)

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Look, I tell ya once, I tell ya a thousand times, the cops around here suck. Wanna know my history with cops?

Cop came by with a big freakin search light and pulled over next to the vehical my ex-gf & I were sitting in, yes, just SITTING, and comes over to bother us. It was maybe 9:00.

Cop follows me all the way down my street and all the way down my DIRT road and all the way up my driveway just to say "Oh, I've never been down here before and just wanted to check it out." Bull§h¡?, he was totally following me.

Cop pulls me over for speeding (I admit I was speeding) and gives me a ticket. Yes, I believe there is some double standard that involves me being on the losing end :) I was just coming home from school which was obvious and had just seen a girl run a stop sign, so yeah I'm a little bitter. Besides, there was really no one else around but he gives me some BS story about the neighbors complaining. F'in A man, don't live in the middle of town if you don't like cars driving by.

Crap man, people telling stories about getting warnings and what not, what the hell happened to my warning? Stupid ticket, and I know it won't go to any good. The roads around here have got to be some of the crappiest you'll see, and my road isn't even paved!

You'd think that when he walked over, saw that I was a student, that my gas gauge was on empty, and that I'm a total loser;) he would've cut me some slack.

Oh, and I've also seen cops do a lot of stuff indicating their poor driving as well, ie: speeding (seen a bunch of that), turning without signalling (see that pretty often), and illegal parking (not doing anything of importance that I could tell)...

So tell me, if I go to court and the cop shows up, do I just say "Not guilty" and then when the cop gives evidence I say "I concede, your argument is too great"? :D:p

Oct 9, 1999
Linux23.. ThisisMatt lives where I wrote about a cop tailing me.. San Luis Obispo..

I swear ever since those 2 girls got kidnapped and killed its been getting worse. Prior to that they woudlnt even bother..

It makes cops in my hometown look at the much better.

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
i get away all the time.

i have a DEA card. it does wonders for traffic/moving violations :)

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
like Hamburgerpimp said give him a cookie, just make sure its a cardboard cookie thems the best kind. Me avoid tickets all the time by obeying the laws.

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000

<< ThisIsMatt, where the hell do you live? In the Boonies? :confused: >>

<-- do a mouse over. Arroyo Grande, about 15mi south of SLO. So in other words, I have to deal with all the utter crap all the way from my house, through AG, through Pismo Beach, through SLO, and through Cal Poly. First I gotta deal with the retirement folks, white trash (hey that's me;)), and freaks in their SUVs and cell phones. Then I finally get on the freeway and have to follow a bunch of morons all huddled in the left lane with a ratio of 10-to-1 left-to-right lane usage, with just enough cars in the right lane to inhibit all passing, meanwhile being stuck behind a d@mn SUV that I can't see around and who slams on their brakes for every dip in the road and as soon as a drop of rain skips off their windshield. When I finally get into SLO I find that people never learned how to merge on or off the freeway. Through SLO I usually get stuck behind a SCAT bus doing 2mph, then finally get on campus where the limit is 3mph. All along the way it seems maybe 1/100 people knows how to signal properly (that means you start signalling BEFORE you put on your brakes you f'ing morons!), and no one should EVER, and I mean that in all seriousness, EVER have to apply brakes on the freeway! Also, I think cal trans took the year off on the section of freeway that I drive on. They've been working on the same 5 mile strip for practically a year now. Meanwhile you've got the cops pulling over the decent drivers and seem completely unaware of the morons cutting people off and merging into you cause their on their freaking cell phones. I used to take the &quot;back roads&quot; home because there was little traffic, but I don't do that anymore because the motorcycle cop sits back there and wants to give me crap. The more I think about it the more I feel like contesting my ticket. Any way I can look up the officer who pulled me over to see when he has vacation time (to schedule court date accordingly)? :)

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
The_good_guy - oh yeah, as far as the recent record goes, we have one missing, two murdered by the same guy (guy was found guilty), one murdered a couple years ago by a bunch of satanists, and another killed just a couple months ago by her boyfriend, who then committed suicide.

So when you moving over?

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
My dad was driving yesterday, and a cop ran a stop sign right in front of him, but speed off very fast --- maybe he was in pursuit, but with his lights off?