Just added an E6600 @ 3.4GHz and a 3500+ to TA SETI.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Conroe

This chip is extremely fast for SETI. I'm using the SSE3 Crunch3r app, and it is getting two workunits done in just under 50 minutes... that's 25 minutes a WU!

3500+

Meh... I'm over AMD for now.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Wow... I may have to rethink about building an AM2. I just might have to wait until they come out with an SLI Conroe board that also has 8X PCI Express....

Thanks for the info!!!

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Wow... I may have to rethink about building an AM2. I just might have to wait until they come out with an SLI Conroe board that also has 8X PCI Express....

Thanks for the info!!!

There are the nForce 570 boards...

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: keeleysam

Thanks for the info!!!

This motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5, is the only mobo I've found so far that will have SLI & PCIe 8X. Thus, it looks like I'm building an AM2 system.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: keeleysam

Thanks for the info!!!

This motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5, is the only mobo I've found so far that will have SLI & PCIe 8X. Thus, it looks like I'm building an AM2 system.

What do you need an 8x slot for?