Just a normal, not-fascist country

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
A short video with zero information, dramatic and worthless.

Oh totally. Also, you never saw what those civil rights protestors did before they got hit with the fire hoses. LMAO, imagine what a complete scumbag you'd have to be to watch 25 seconds of police indiscriminately firing into an unarmed and retreating crowd in the context of weeks of brutal police violence and go "oh gee, we need to see more here".

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Oh totally. Also, you never saw what those civil rights protestors did before they got hit with the fire hoses. LMAO, imagine what a complete scumbag you'd have to be to watch 25 seconds of police indiscriminately firing into an unarmed and retreating crowd in the context of weeks of brutal police violence and go "oh gee, we need to see more here".

time-100-influential-photos-charles-moore-birmingham-alabama-52.jpg

Greenman - "What did he do to the dog? What happened before this?"
Mumblepie - "Its clear that man attacked that dog. You can see that his left hand is behind the back and judging by the ripped pant just took a swipe at the dog cutting his own pants in the process. The Police officer is obviously trying to pull the dog back to save not only his own dog but to protect the man from his own horrific assualt on the dog"
PCGeek11 - "LOL Black dogs and white dogs working together!!! Everyone is stupid :laughing: "

AP1963BFDattackchildren960x540.jpg

Greenman - "Why are those people interfering with the fire department? What happened before this?"
Mumblepie - "Its clear those people are arsonist who set fire to the building and are obstructing the firefighters who are only trying to put out the fire"
PCGeek11 - "LOL Failed dab during free shower :laughing: "

Police-in-Albina.png

Greenman - "Why are those people trying to dance? Are they footloosing? What happened before this?"
Mumblepie - "Look at these statistics where black people like to dance. My black friend can dance too"
PCGeek11 - "LOL No one expects surprise buttsex :laughing: "

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Mumblepie - "Its clear that man attacked that dog. You can see that his left hand is behind the back and judging by the ripped pant just took a swipe at the dog cutting his own pants in the process. The Police officer is obviously trying to pull the dog back to save not only his own dog but to protect the man from his own horrific assualt on the dog"
PCGeek11 - "LOL Black dogs and white dogs working together!!! Everyone is stupid :laughing: "

Greenman - "Why are those people interfering with the fire department? What happened before this?"
Mumblepie - "Its clear those people are arsonist who set fire to the building and are obstructing the firefighters who are only trying to put out the fire"

For the dog picture:

Brandonbull - The black guy is a conservative being attacked by a liberal dog.
Imported Muslim Mausoleum- That's a cat preventing an illegal from crossing the border, the illegal is getting what he deserves.
Boomerang - All police dogs are liberals
Starbuck - Why won't liberals address the problems with Wheaties not having enough fiber?

For the firehose
Starbuck - Liberals are making the firefighters waste all the water. The liberals hate the environment.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Police-in-Albina.png

Greenman - "Why are those people trying to dance? Are they footloosing? What happened before this?"
Mumblepie - "Look at these statistics where black people like to dance. My black friend can dance too"

Seriously, post of the year 2020

Mar 11, 2004
I like how his post perfectly describes every single post he's ever made in this subforum. So I guess it'd be every single post but that one.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Police-in-Albina.png

For the dog picture:

Imported Muslim Mausoleum- That's a cat preventing an illegal from crossing the border, the illegal is getting what he deserves.
Starbuck - Why won't liberals address the problems with Wheaties not having enough fiber?

For the firehose
Starbuck - Liberals are making the firefighters waste all the water. The liberals hate the environment.

I know I'm a bit late to this party, but I just gotta say that laughed so hard reading these that I stopped breathing. Still trying to catch my breath.

Well played, sirs, well played!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yup but three questions to ask. What are people who are frustrated seeking to do? Is their frustration justified? Why or why not?
I have no idea because the video provides no information. Show me what event's lead up to that altercation and I'll have an opinion.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Police-in-Albina.png

Those are all more of the same. You're assuming context with no information, the conclusions you draw can't be supported by a single picture. Add the story and they might be compelling evidence of racism and police brutality. As stand alone images they're totally uninformative. They make a powerful statement only because we all know the context in which they were taken, we know the story.

Grow up a little and try to understand that just because someone won't jump on your band wagon doesn't mean they're against you, or even that they disagree. It just means that they won't jump to your conclusions.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm a little flattered that you spent the time to put that together for the three of us. Thanks for thinking of me.

Reactions: pcgeek11

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
In regards to not using choke holds

“I don’t know what’s worse — a roomful of NYPD commanders admitting that up until now no one has taken seriously the Department’s own Patrol Guide, or the Chief of Department telling cops to ignore the law because he thinks District Attorneys won’t enforce it,”

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
I have no idea because the video provides no information. Show me what event's lead up to that altercation and I'll have an opinion.
There exists no absolute abuses of power or inherent atrocities in your universe? It's always relative to whatever situation may have 'provoked' what you're seeing?

So when seeing pictures of starving prisoners in Nazi concentration camps, should we stop and ask ourselves what these people did to deserve getting locked up, perhaps?

Protestors getting hosed with water cannons or teargassed are a less violent offshoot of the same pattern of behavior that led to all those black men getting shot in the back while running away from cops. In the legends of the old west, at least as portrayed by Hollywood, shooting a man in the back was considered one of the most dastardly deeds someone could do. A hanging offense, pretty much.

But today, a cop just has to say he feared for his life and suddenly he is the victim instead of the one who was shot and killed. And protestors get assaulted by jackbooted thugs with badges because they probably did something bad we just didn't see on that video clip.

That's the kind of society we live in now...

Reactions: Pohemi

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
For the dog picture:

For the firehose
You got almost the entire peanut gallery to applaud.

Reactions: pcgeek11