Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
exf11Xt.jpg

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Idea for Tim Horton's commercial: You're not you when you're tired. Grab a coffee. :D

Also, fixed:

3305i5w.jpg

Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Moose stopped by to empty their bladders. Tims' "coffee" supplies have been replenished.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Isn't there a strict law against distracted driving there, such as taking pictures?

Whoa. Also... Is that snow????!!! D: D: D:

I think those are decorative rocks. But in Alberta it did snow in the summertime - it was on the news.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Not really. We get Alligators all the time here in public places. I was leaving work one night and there was an 11 foot long Alligator laying in the road between me and the truck. Just walk around him and give him his space. Call the DNR and let them handle it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Isn't there a strict law against distracted driving there, such as taking pictures?

Yeah and it's gotten even more strict now, can't even adjust your radio or heat not even at a stop sign or you can get like a $400 fine. Will be interesting to see if people actually get charged for that though.

Not sure when this pic was taken I just stole it off Reddit. :awe: May have been a passenger that took the pic too but based on how much of the door you can see I think it is the driver.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Yeah and it's gotten even more strict now, can't even adjust your radio or heat not even at a stop sign or you can get like a $400 fine. Will be interesting to see if people actually get charged for that though.

Not sure when this pic was taken I just stole it off Reddit. :awe: May have been a passenger that took the pic too but based on how much of the door you can see I think it is the driver.

If this is true, I never want to read another post from a Canadian making snide comments about America and Freedom.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Then to it seems that it would be impossible to enforce.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Not really. We get Alligators all the time here in public places. I was leaving work one night and there was an 11 foot long Alligator laying in the road between me and the truck. Just walk around him and give him his space. Call the DNR and let them handle it.

Sounds like you could have shot it...

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It was at night and I damn near stepped on it. Dark Alligator, dark Night... I stepped within about 4 feet from it before I saw it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
If this is true, I never want to read another post from a Canadian making snide comments about America and Freedom.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Then to it seems that it would be impossible to enforce.

Yeah it is pretty stupid, honestly it's getting just as bad here as in the states with stupid policies like that. For example they recently passed Bill C-51 which is basically like the patriot act. The only thing that's not happening yet is all the police brutality that happens in the states, other than some isolated cases.

Though on second thought I might be wrong about not being able to adjust radio or heat, or maybe they changed it:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/distracted-driving.shtml

They had previously said on the radio that touching radio or heat controls was against this new law though.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Yeah it is pretty stupid, honestly it's getting just as bad here as in the states with stupid policies like that. For example they recently passed Bill C-51 which is basically like the patriot act. The only thing that's not happening yet is all the police brutality that happens in the states, other than some isolated cases.

Though on second thought I might be wrong about not being able to adjust radio or heat, or maybe they changed it:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/distracted-driving.shtml

They had previously said on the radio that touching radio or heat controls was against this new law though.

How do they even see people doing it unless both vehicles are stopped or literally side by side? Here you can get away with talking on speakerphone (if not bluetooth)... I'm sure that's not allowed there either since it's one hand doing something other than driving.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007

Sure is. Ever since our Premier (similar to a governor) rode to office on the public sector vote last year, she's been running Ontario like a dictatorship. Passes laws with little to no public consultation. Even a lot of liberals can't stand her.

Of course it's still up to the cop's discretion. You're very unlikely to get dinged for turning up the heat or adjusting the radio. Most police have enough common sense to know that's not distracted driving. They're looking for people on their phones. But you technically could be charged for doing that stuff.