Just a funny to lighten the mood :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2006
This came up on my facebook page and it made me chuckle. Both sides should be able to get a kick out of this. Repubs for the obvious reason and Dems for the irony.

It's ok. You can LOL

wants_more_gov.jpg

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
The OP is actually pretty funny. But to even things out, I think we need a series of "Somalia, Libertarian Paradise" ads ;)

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The OP is actually pretty funny. But to even things out, I think we need a series of "Somalia, Libertarian Paradise" ads ;)
A better ad would be a pic of those firefighters watching a house burn down because the owner didn't choose to pay the fee to remain covered. Captions would be 'Wants less government' and 'Less government.'

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
A better ad would be a pic of those firefighters watching a house burn down because the owner didn't choose to pay the fee to remain covered. Captions would be 'Wants less government' and 'Less government.'

See this wouldn't work because the person was given a choice and they were able to make it without fear of reprisal by government.

They took the gamble and lost and no one with Libertarian views would see how this would be wrong because the issue is not removing all options for government services, the issue is not having to prop up what you don't want or support with your tax dollars to justify the ever growing government bloat and removal of personal rights in order to support the expansion of big government.

So cheers and enjoy that government paid for and issued mace to the face and the "Wars on **insert bullshit unending reason for increased government intrusion and taxation here**" responsible for wasting our tax dollars and limiting our freedoms.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
See this wouldn't work because the person was given a choice and they were able to make it without fear of reprisal by government.

They took the gamble and lost and no one with Libertarian views would see how this would be wrong because the issue is not removing all options for government services, the issue is not having to prop up what you don't want or support with your tax dollars to justify the ever growing government bloat and removal of personal rights in order to support the expansion of big government.

So cheers and enjoy that government paid for and issued mace to the face and the "Wars on **insert bullshit unending reason for increased government intrusion and taxation here**" responsible for wasting our tax dollars and limiting our freedoms.

Except that in both cases, the homeowner cried and bitched because the firefighters watched their homes burn, but did nothing to stop the fire. They DID prevent the fire from spreading to homes of people who HAD paid the annual fire protection fees.

Want less government and lower taxes? In this case, they got what they paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.