junkyards are cool places

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

I was at a junkyard last weekend looking for some parts and it's a pretty interesting, though ghetto, place. Actually, probably among the most ghetto places I've been to, I worried my car might get stripped right there in the parking lot.

Stripped cars everywhere (duh), but it's funny to walk along and hey look that's a cracked open transmission. And then a couple feet later, there will be this engine with no valve cover sitting in the middle of a walk way. Spark plug wires, throttle bodies, etc.

Didn't find the stuff I needed. I wanted to take pictures, but they don't allow cameras inside for some reason.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
uh, didnt you expect to see stripped cars?

I mean come on! It's a wreckingyard! :p

edit: maybe i'm desensitized to wreckingyards, seeing as my uncles own a couple, i used to work at one and stuff.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Colt45
uh, didnt you expect to see stripped cars?

I mean come on! It's a wreckingyard! :p

oh I know, but it's one thing to know whats there, another to see it for yourself.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
yeah i guess it was kind of neat the first time i saw one.

doesnt seem to ghetto to me though. well..

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

edit: maybe i'm desensitized to wreckingyards, seeing as my uncles own a couple, i used to work at one and stuff.

I was disappointed that there were no cool cars tho, just a bunch of crappy cars. :(

I saw a 240 that still had the turbo in it, and I wanted to take it out and keep it as a souvenior if nothing else, but I didn't bring enough tools with me and that thing was buried in there real good.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
theres a few 300Z's on the farm, 'cept I think they (almost) work.

Wow, nothing of that sort at the place I went to. Just a bunch of 80s and older sedans and hatchbacks. . .