Jumper - worst movie ever.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005
I haven seen Jumper, but I wasnt impressed by either of the other two. They were somewhat strange.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You have to figure any movie with Hayden Christensen starring in it has got to suck hard.
Yep, don't even know why there would be any doubt.

The big question is who is the better litmus test for a suck-ass movie - Hayden Christensen or Paul Walker?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: dainthomas
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Looking at this year's nominee list again, I guess I wouldn't be too upset if Viggo or even TLJ won, they were both excellent, but DDL was still better than all of them.

KT

Eastern Promises was one of the few movies I saw in the theater in 07. That movie was all Viggo and it was great. Glad to see he's still doing quality work after LOTR.

Yeah, he was fantastic. That bath house scene was insane! :Q

KT

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I saw it. I enjoyed it enough until the end. It was such an abrupt ending that I felt cheated.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
i don't know whether to take anything seriously i read on here about movie reviews and such. you guys love stuff like Talladega Nights.

meh, i guess i'll just watch it when it comes out on DVD anyway. the trailer looked pretty cool to me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jumper/ 15% right now, that's pretty horrible

and Talladega Nights got a 72%. that movie was shit - pure shit.

LOL epic. I hate RT with a passion.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The greatest travesty in all Oscar history was when "Shakespeare in Love" won over "Saving Private Ryan" for Best Picture.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
You have to figure any movie with Hayden Christensen starring in it has got to suck hard.

Episoe 3 was pretty good. Though it may have been risen to a higher status since we get to see him get sliced and diced.

rofl
lol
lmao
omglol
rotfl
rotflol

Wow sir. Wow.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
i don't know whether to take anything seriously i read on here about movie reviews and such. you guys love stuff like Talladega Nights.

meh, i guess i'll just watch it when it comes out on DVD anyway. the trailer looked pretty cool to me.

SAVE ME SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!! Heheheh...great movie :D

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

Ah ha....and what pieces of cinematic genius do you like? I'm sure it's terrible, so don't bother.

Anyway I saw this movie...holy hell, someone tell their cameraman that the shakey/fast moving cam is not necessary in every single scene. I mean, not even action scenes, it's shaking and jumping all over the place.

I went in expecting it to suck, so it was slightly better than I expected, but by no means good.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Deeko

Ah ha....and what pieces of cinematic genius do you like? I'm sure it's terrible, so don't bother.

Anyway I saw this movie...holy hell, someone tell their cameraman that the shakey/fast moving cam is not necessary in every single scene. I mean, not even action scenes, it's shaking and jumping all over the place.

I went in expecting it to suck, so it was slightly better than I expected, but by no means good.

you're calling Talladega Nights cinematic genius? seriously, I weep for our future.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Worst ever? You obviously haven't seen "The Marine".

that movie is epic man, the final scene where he doesn't breathe (or was it the girl?) for like, 3 minutes straight was pretty awesome

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Not at all - but it was entertaining. I'm sure far more entertaining than anything you liked.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

Life as a house was alright. I'm a Kevin Kline fan though.

Shattered Glass was actually quite good.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Not at all - but it was entertaining. I'm sure far more entertaining than anything you liked.

lol...at htis point, would it matter what i said i liked? i could like a movie you thought was the best and you'd still say it was crap just to spite me.

i know how atot works.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Not just in this thread. You are permanently "bad movie pontifex". I never forget.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Platypus
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Too bad you couldn't make it to There Will be Blood, it was absolutely brilliant. If Daniel Day Lewis doesn't win the oscar for that performance it will be the biggest robbery since Russell Crowe lost out for A Beautiful Mind.

KT

The biggest robbery of all time was Julia Roberts winning for Erin Brokovich over Ellen Burnstyn for Requiem for a Dream.

^^^ Truth.

My personal most hated Oscar Robbery was :

Shakespeare in Love getting BP over Saving Private Ryan

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Arkaign

Life as a house was alright. I'm a Kevin Kline fan though.

Shattered Glass was actually quite good.
It would have been better if somebody else played his part. He was really outclassed by the other actors in that cast.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
you must not have seen many movies if Jumper is the worst movie you've ever seen.

Jumper was a decent flick. nothing terrible but nothing great. it was a decent flick that kept me entertained for 90 minutes.

there are far worse flicks than Jumper. just stop going to movies expecting to see a movie as good as T2, Gladiator, or Braveheart everytime you see a movie and you wont be as disappointed.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Not just in this thread. You are permanently "bad movie pontifex". I never forget.

i don't even know what that means.

It's an old expression. You'll get it.

I hope you didn't hate Anchorman too, cuz you basically just quoted it perfectly.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i also find it funny that there seem to be 5 people in this thread who saw the movie and only the OP thought it was a bad movie.

but everyone who has replied other than the 4/5 people who actually saw the movie already think it is a terrible movie.

way to make decisions w/out even seeing movies :thumbsup:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

i don't even know what that means.

It's an old expression. You'll get it.

I hope you didn't hate Anchorman too, cuz you basically just quoted it perfectly.

Haven't seen it.