Juice and laptops, a dangerous combination

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Ok so a while back ('98) some one spilled juice on a friends Fujitsu laptop (Pentium 150MMX) and I was freaked because he didn't know about it yet! I think the juice was on there for about 10 minutes so I quickly removed the juice and the computer was acutally still running! But still scared, I turned it off and tried to clean it (Didnt do a very good job at it) because I didn't even bother to open it up and clean it. I later broke the news and he was pissed, I convinced him it wasn't me and later he took it to a computer repair shop and asked if they could repair it, unfortunately not only did they charged him a wad of cash$ but also it wasnt repaired. So I started it up and actually would post but nothing else, I soon gaveup because I just wasn't able to fix it and I never had opened a laptop before. So anyways after giving up, I asked him if I could take it apart because it looked long gone. I took the laptop and bashed it into peices, venting my frustration and scrapped it for parts. It's now lying in a box in my closet doing nothing and I keep wondering "Could I have actually saved it?" I ask my self now because I have much more experience with laptops (to the point where I can completely rebuilt one) and wondered, if a laptop could post would that mean it could run? It's very vague to what extent it would run because it was so long ago but I *think I remember getting to a command prompt and thats about it.

So anyways, please vote or comment on what you would/what you have done in cases like these!
Thanks!:D:beer: