Judicial Immunity - The Kings of Court

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Because the vast majority of people in prison are pieces of shit who you do not want living next door to you.

You do realize the "vast majority" in prisons are non-violent "criminals" right?

Seems I have more to fear from thugs with "legal authority".

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
You do realize the "vast majority" in prisons are non-violent "criminals" right?

Seems I have more to fear from thugs with "legal authority".

Non-violent is not synonymous with victimless. People who steal other people's property should be locked up.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
I don't see how that would come into play since a jury must convict the person first.

Not all criminal trials involve a jury. The right to a jury is a right belonging to the accused, and may be waived by the accused. Some do waive that right.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Not all criminal trials involve a jury. The right to a jury is a right belonging to the accused, and may be waived by the accused. Some do waive that right.

And if I was a judge I certainly wouldn't waive that right. One of my own would then decide my fate.

Since you brought that up it makes sense that a judge not be given the opportunity for "the home team" to make the call. Should be mandatory jury trial.

Last edited: