Judge Napolitano and Fox News peddled false spy story

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
HI,

Since you called, Homer is again confused. If Fox News had 3 sources then FN didn't lie. Doesn't matter if the story is correct or not. If the story is incorrect it means the 3 sources lied.

Otherwise, oh yeah, well if the intel agency says they didn't do it well, that settles it. Right? Cuz I'm sure intel agencies don't lie, even if that's basically their job.

Oh, and my glasses aren't rose colored; they're dark gray (assuming that's the color of pessimism).

Somewhat interesting that the head of the GCHQ unexpectedly and suddenly quit when Trump took office. "Personal reasons".

Fern

Fox News had zero sources. Napolitano claimed he had three sources.

It was entirely based on an opinion guy claiming he knew something. I.e.: totally worthless. Didn't stop Trump or easily duped people from repeating it credulously.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Fox News had zero sources. Napolitano claimed he had three sources.

It was entirely based on an opinion guy claiming he knew something. I.e.: totally worthless. Didn't stop Trump or easily duped people from repeating it credulously.

It's hard to imagine an ordinary person much less a President being so unable to understand how reality works. I say this all the time but it's so awful it's impossible for me to see this as "business as usual", but a festering wound that won't heal.

Jan 25, 2011
IDK. It's not clear to me what Shep is saying. But if he means that FN can't confirm Napolitano (sp?) or whomever had 3 sources there's a problem. I.e., if Napolitano never had 3 sources he should be fired for lying.

Fern
Read the quote from Fox. They didn't say they couldn't confirm it. They said they know of no evidence of any kind. Period. Full stop. That's not we haven't been able to confirm it. That's there is no evidence.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
IDK. It's not clear to me what Shep is saying. But if he means that FN can't confirm Napolitano (sp?) or whomever had 3 sources there's a problem. I.e., if Napolitano never had 3 sources he should be fired for lying.

Fern

Disagree, imagine the precedent that would set, ie economic consequences if half the country were unemployed.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
It's hard to imagine an ordinary person much less a President being so unable to understand how reality works. I say this all the time but it's so awful it's impossible for me to see this as "business as usual", but a festering wound that won't heal.

It's not just his parroting of fake news, either. The 'deal maker' walks out of a meeting with Republicans about the AHCA and talks about how great it is and how everyone is now on board, which is obviously just completely untrue according to Republicans themselves.

Not only is it a lie, it's a lie that's immediately verifiable as a lie, and any rational person would know this. Honestly, his brain must be damaged.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It's not just his parroting of fake news, either. The 'deal maker' walks out of a meeting with Republicans about the AHCA and talks about how great it is and how everyone is now on board, which is obviously just completely untrue according to Republicans themselves.

Not only is it a lie, it's a lie that's immediately verifiable as a lie, and any rational person would know this. Honestly, his brain must be damaged.

Rationalism is an outgrowth of liberalism.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
HI,

Since you called, Homer is again confused. If Fox News had 3 sources then FN didn't lie. Doesn't matter if the story is correct or not. If the story is incorrect it means the 3 sources lied.

Otherwise, oh yeah, well if the intel agency says they didn't do it well, that settles it. Right? Cuz I'm sure intel agencies don't lie, even if that's basically their job.

Oh, and my glasses aren't rose colored; they're dark gray (assuming that's the color of pessimism).

Somewhat interesting that the head of the GCHQ unexpectedly and suddenly quit when Trump took office. "Personal reasons".

Fern
If your claim is correct why did Spicer agree not to repeat it again?

Fox News confirmed yesterday then cannot verify the sources for their story so Fox is wrong, Trump is wrong, GCHQ is correct.

One last thing I want to know why would you believe someone who has regularly lied to your face even about things you can see???

Also if Fox News is being used by the WH as an official source for intelligence is it not Fox's responsibility to up their game? Staff up?

I'm sure the Oval Office will be reading their next North Korea brief issued by Fox and Friends

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Human nature being what it is, folks want to defend and nurture that which they gave birth to. But this thing with giving birth to Trump's presidency, well, sure, even if he's a selfish, demented narcissist, he's still the Repub's offspring, with pedigree legitimized by the sworn word of his many "parents".

It's rather sad though that the Repubs who gave birth to this child with very VERY special needs prefer to encourage his misguided behavior, ignore his frequent rants and ravings for the attention he believes he deserves and have gone so far as to sacrifice the very ideals that their conservative upbringing imbued them with.

All that and much more are Trump's "parents" willing to endure for the sake of knowing that their child, their ONLY child is theirs and theirs alone no matter how spoiled, stubborn, self absorbed and dangerous he is to the health and welfare of those around him.

His parents are responsible for this child. They need to guide him with a firm, yet caring and loving hand. They know he is a threat to themselves and himself and they need to intervene, to correct his alarming habit of blaming others for the misdeeds he callously commits on an increasingly frequent basis.

His symptoms are getting more intense, more severe in nature. Yet his parents refuse to admit that their child does not play well with other children, that he is a threat to society, even as they witness this aberrant behavior of his right in front of them with the world as on-scene witnesses.

His parents need to establish at the least a modicum of control over their offspring as he now has the ability to turn the whole world into a nuclear wasteland should he feel the need to "teach everyone a lesson" he never got for himself.

Or maybe it's his parents that are trying to "teach the rest of us a lesson" through him?