Judge Dismisses Challenge to Nevada Caucus Rules

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
While its good that parties are free to elect their people the way they want to, it is in some ways funny to say that "democracy wins" in respect to caucuses. They are extremely undemocratic as they allow for voter intimidation, and they disenfranchise voters who can't make it at the specific time.

It doesn't seem right to change the rules at the last minute, but caucuses should be done away with alltogether, they are a horrible way to select a nominee. I can't imagine why anyone would support them, other then of course Pabster here who I'm sure would be vehemently arguing against them if Hillary wanted them.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I said caucuses ought to be done away with long ago.

But you can't run in and try to change the rules when you suddenly find yourself on the short end of the stick. Hillary and company agreed way back in March and now a few days before the caucus they're all of a sudden upset? :roll:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
I said caucuses ought to be done away with long ago.

But you can't run in and try to change the rules when you suddenly find yourself on the short end of the stick. Hillary and company agreed way back in March and now a few days before the caucus they're all of a sudden upset? :roll:

There was no issue till the culinary union endorsed Obama. You have to be awfully arrogant to think people are that blind, or all the people.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
There was no issue till the culinary union endorsed Obama. You have to be awfully arrogant to think people are that blind, or all the people.

Hence my point. ;)

And you'd be surprised how blind the Clinton Kool-Aid sippers are.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Good news. I agree the whole nomination process we use seems completely nonsensical, but the audacity of trying to change the rules at the last minute to influence the vote outcome is outrageous.