Journeyman looks to be cancelled

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
http://www.tv.com/story/10589....tag=news-summary-10589

Kevin McKidd's days as a time-traveler may be coming to a close as option not picked up on NBC drama; final episodes will still air.

Earlier this year, Journeyman star Kevin McKidd told TV.com that the final episodes of the first season of the show would shed light on a lot of the show's inner mysteries. Up until then, his character's jumps through time and space were seemingly random and unexplained.
<em>Journeyman</em>'s Kevin McKidd.

Journeyman's Kevin McKidd.

"By the end of the first season, you get to find out why all these stories, why all these people in the first episodes that [lead character] Dan saves wasn't just a random act," said McKidd. He then revealed a little more on how it will lead into the program's second season, and it really showed that there was a lot more to Journeyman than meets the eye.

There's only one problem; it now appears that there won't be a second season of the NBC drama. Online reports are claiming that NBC has decided not to pick up the option on the show (which was also confirmed to TV.com by an NBC representative), "effectively dooming it to the scrap heap," according to Broadcasting & Cable.

Journeyman was able to complete all of its initial 13-episode order, and aired episode number 11 yesterday. However, NBC is just sweeping the show under the rug; NBC also confirmed to TV.com that the two remaining episodes will air as planned.

As for the final word, well, there isn't really one yet. The show has not been officially cancelled, and a final decision on its fate is yet to be made.

In Journeyman, San Francisco resident Dan Vasser takes jumps though time that are out of his control. He can only go as far back as his birth, and can only go back in time. While in other decades, he discovers that he is supposed to help people in need.

Fans of the sci-fi drama over at SaveJourneyman.net have been rallying around the show in an attempt to persuade NBC to keep it in its lineup. They've even started a send-in-stuff-to-the-network campaign similar to the one that saved Jericho and didn't save Veronica Mars. Their choice of product? Boxes of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat.

Similar confusion hit the press yesterday when ABC revealed that it had pulled the remaining episodes of buddy drama Big Shots from its schedule. While several outlets reported the show had been canceled, ABC confirmed to TV.com that the show was not canceled, and a decision to pick it up for a full season has not yet been made.

The final two episodes of Journeyman's strike-shortened season are scheduled to air on December 17 and December 19. For more on the show, check out TV.com's previous coverage.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
God damn it! :| I hate when NBC does shit like this. At least they are letting the season end, unlike the Black Donnellys.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
damn! I was actually enjoying this show and it seemed to be getting good ratings.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: DEMO24
damn! I was actually enjoying this show and it seemed to be getting good ratings.
I think it did well the first 4-5 episodes, but then they had a few bad episodes (I didn't like that 2-episode story arc) and the show got derailed. I think the writers' strike might also bear part of the blame?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

It's ratings STUNK. Consistently last in its time slot, no buzz, expensive to produce. Kiss it bye-bye.

PimpJuice

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2005
No big deal.....I dont think 'most' people really care for the show. Not that it is a bad show, but people were out watching better shows or that which they perceived to be better.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: UNCjigga
I think it did well the first 4-5 episodes, but then they had a few bad episodes (I didn't like that 2-episode story arc) and the show got derailed. I think the writers' strike might also bear part of the blame?

if anything, i think the writer's strike is preventing more shows from being canceled. they can't count on new shows replacing canceled ones, so they are riding out the ones they have for longer.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I thought Heroes was good, but the ending to this season was a major disappointment. Talk about throwing the season together...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: GeeFizzleDizzle
Originally posted by: loki8481
will wonder woman be next?

they're both ridiculously boring.

I think you mean Bionic Woman and rumors are that it will be canceled as well.

see? that's how boring it is, I can't even remember the name :p

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
And I was really enjoying the Monday night NBC line up :( My DVR enjoyed the workout too.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I gave it a try and didn't like it enough.

I won't miss Bionic Woman either.

boatillo

Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Linux23
BW is the best new show on TV.

^^Paid fanboi

The wife and I enjoyed the Monday lineup whether or not *all* the shows were good. At least it was a solid block of new programming that you could watch and do other things at the same time.

We also started watching BW on sci-fi friday when it was a rerun from earlier in the week. Since they removed it from that slot we haven't seen a single episode, I don't even know when it runs. Sadly it seems TV has gone the way of movies, they cannot come up with a new idea for any amount of money - I say let all these "writers" go hungry and find some jobs they are actually qualified for.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I hung with the show through the early episodes and I was really starting to enjoy it. His old girlfriend being a time traveler brought a new dimension to the show and recently his brother coming to the realization of what was truly happening was good. (I've got an episode on the DVR I haven't watched yet)

What probably hurt it was the slow plot development in the beginning. People tuned it and just couldn't hang with it.

Oh well. I watch very little network TV anymore. Two and a half men is about it.