• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Jonnyguru.com seems to be dead for good. RIP, deleted bytes of data

Torn Mind

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2012
URL just doesn't work anymore, so there is not much else to be said.

Sad to see another PSU review site go. Lot of info has been lost, as archive.org did not capture everything.

The humble beginnings as the man's personal page has been preserved.

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Yeah, I posted about it I guess a few years ago in OT. There hadn't been any product reviews for several years, so it really looked like the writing was on the wall, and it's shutdown was coming at some point.

Sad to see it go (and for JonnyGuru also having left our forums too).

Edit: Here's the thread I was referring to.

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
He works for Corsair now. Can't really do 'unbiased' reviews of other companies power supplies any more.

Torn Mind

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2012
Yeah, I posted about it I guess a few years ago in OT. There hadn't been any product reviews for several years, so it really looked like the writing was on the wall, and it's shutdown was coming at some point.

Sad to see it go (and for JonnyGuru also having left our forums too).

Edit: Here's the thread I was referring to.
I think the PSU review sites ultimately were a victim of their own success. It used to be that legit timebombs existed back then and the populace in general ignorantly viewed any old brick as perfect substitutes, hence Logisys, Coolmax, etc making many sales(and probably still are) because of their $20 units.

But now with 80 Plus and other standards being a selling point, the "worst" has been upgraded to no material difference for 3-5 years or people just default to Seasonic.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
When Oklahoma Wolf retired, that spelled the end of jonnyguru.com. A few posters tried to continue posting reviews from other sites...but it was never the same. Sad to see it all gone away.

Reactions: Meghan54

Torn Mind

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2012
All of it’s a bummer. It was awesome to count him as “one of us” - hopefully he still lurks :)
He replied to a post of mine. Needless to say, that was like celebrity talking to me.

(The other was TJ Parker replying to a comment on Youtube regarding his guitar playing for Belinda Carlisle's Runaway Horses concert that was put on video)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: blckgrffn

ASK THE COMMUNITY