Jon Stewart Interviews Bill Clinton

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
anyone catch it?

it was a pretty good interview. mostly focused on Clinton talking about current politics, rather than rehashing Clinton's presidency, which was kind of nice.

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
Dear God I miss that man...

I watched the interview, laughed, and then cried. Don't you wish we had someone who was articulate leading our nation?

I say that as a backhanded swipe at Bush, which while not entirely deserved, really expressed my true feelings. Bill did that completely off-the-cuff with no prepared remarks. I weep for the future of our nation. Between Lurch and Jethro, where do we go next?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yeah he really slammed the GOP smear campaigns. Now with the swiftvets, and before with the smear of McCain and Max Cleland.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Taggart
did Jon Stewart kiss his a$$?

Jon Stewart kiss all his guess ass except the stupid ones...
I think Jonis pretty independent when it comes to politics, he criticize both candidates equally earlier in campaign season, just seems like recently, more bad news for bush side which means more funny jokes to be made... not to mention that bush could appear really stupid without any help :)

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I liked how John reamed the swiftvets and there BS Kerry smear campaign...
Clinton was good as well, he knows the GOP like the back of his hand and would win this election if he could run again. Could you imagine what Bush would say in an interview like that? I bet it would be hilarious! :laugh:

gutharius

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Originally posted by: BroeBo
I liked how John reamed the swiftvets and there BS Kerry smear campaign...
Clinton was good as well, he knows the GOP like the back of his hand and would win this election if he could run again. Could you imagine what Bush would say in an interview like that? I bet it would be hilarious! :laugh:

Oh GOD I cant wait for it! To see bush go uh, <pause> Hear hamster wheel spinning, Yeah I think they are thugs, lets kill them all!

This post is for pure humor -- please regard it as so and have the heart to laugh.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That interview wasn't too bad. I started a thread here < week ago that has a link to another recent Clinton Interview that was much better though.

Kibbo

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2004
Does anyone have any Idea where I could watch this thing online? don't suppose CBS has a Bittorrent download page?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Kibbo
Does anyone have any Idea where I could watch this thing online? don't suppose CBS has a Bittorrent download page?

It would be Comedy Central you want. They might have a link to a Stream, but I dunno.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
i have the video captures. but its HUGENORMOUS!
so...if anyone is interested, let me know and ill do a little more legwork on bringing it down to size and trying to find space for it.
(its just the interview. 2 parts. not the whole show. sorry.)

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: PatboyX
i have the video captures. but its HUGENORMOUS!
so...if anyone is interested, let me know and ill do a little more legwork on bringing it down to size and trying to find space for it.
(its just the interview. 2 parts. not the whole show. sorry.)

Seconded!!

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Great interview. Man, it's so nice to see a president who can string words together when not using a teleprompter. The guy can think and speak, at the same time!

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
But that interview was sovereign and I'm sovereign and you're sovereign. That means that we're all sovereign and we should look upon ourselves as sovereign entities.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Todd33
Great interview. Man, it's so nice to see a president who can string words together when not using a teleprompter. The guy can think and speak, at the same time!

After Bush I'd settle for a president who could do EITHER, even seperately :)

I'll have to find this interview "somewhere" and watch it ;)

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
bill clinton is WorST president ever!! dont ask me why cuz i dont really know why but he got his wee wee in a gurlz mouth and since my penis is as small as my mind this behavor is unnaaccepttabel!!! go bush, he is the best president ever (since raygin) he is a man of his word and stands for what he believes!!! plus clinton loves homos!!!

ok ill go now cause my internet girlfriend is msging me. shes feelin horny :)

who's the man?? i'm the man!

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers
bill clinton is WorST president ever!! dont ask me why cuz i dont really know why but he got his wee wee in a gurlz mouth and since my penis is as small as my mind this behavor is unnaaccepttabel!!! go bush, he is the best president ever (since raygin) he is a man of his word and stands for what he believes!!! plus clinton loves homos!!!

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: PinwiZ
Originally posted by: Pers

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Haha, I was waiting for his obvious sarcasm to catch someone off guard. :cookie;

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Yes, I realize it was sarcasm, which is why the response was a quote from Billy Madison that just seemed appropriate.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: PinwiZ
Yes, I realize it was sarcasm, which is why the response was a quote from Billy Madison that just seemed appropriate.

Oh, hehe, I thought you were serious too, but now that you mention it those words do seem vaguely familiar. :D