John Schuerholtz resigns

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
WTF. The Braves are screwed now. :(

If he goes to the Yankess I will never watch that sport again. Imagine a mind like his with an unlimited budget. They would quite possibly win every game of every season until he retires or dies. :p 'Ol George is probably going (more) insane right now.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
The Braves were a great dynasty for a while.

It was all over when Glavine & Maddux left and they made Chipper a "franchise" player.

Andruw Jones deserved that more than Chipper did.

Bobby was an awesome skipper but it's retirement time.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

It was all over when Glavine & Maddux left and they made Chipper a "franchise" player.

Andruw Jones > Chipper? Give me a break. Andruw is a great fielder but a horrible hitter. He's had one good season where his average was up there with the home run totals. This past season he was absolutely awful. Minor league awful if not for his fielding and potential.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Yep the new owners want to cut the budget. I guess its time for him to leave beofre he has to TRY and get some wins with nothing to show. I was hoping they inject some funds and get the team back but I guess the Braves will have records liek they did in teh early 80's. :(

<-- Braves Fan from way back in the Dale-3 days.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Yep the new owners want to cut the budget. I guess its time for him to leave beofre he has to TRY and get some wins with nothing to show. I was hoping they inject some funds and get the team back but I guess the Braves will have records liek they did in teh early 80's. :(

<-- Braves Fan from way back in the Dale-3 days.

Hey, another Braves fan who can remember when we sucked. :) Well, it's coming for us again!

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003

LOL, Andruw a franchise player? You must be joking.

Hate to see Schuerholtz go, but you can't really blame him since the new owners are making his job difficult.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
I briefly saw the headline on ESPN, but according to the AJC he's being promoted. I wonder when other places will pick up on that part of the story. Good for him, i'm glad he's not leaving the team after all.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
Am I missing something here? The link says he's been promoted to team president.

Most likely a fluff job. GM makes the calls for players and trades. Heck Hank Aaron is still a Brave but just under a fluff title that has no real day to day control. Might be same for Schuerholtz?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
:Q
no way!!!

hmmm....

dude, the story says "Schuerholz promoted "
your topic is misleading, he has been a great GM, but he isn't going away

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269

Andruw Jones > Chipper? Give me a break. Andruw is a great fielder but a horrible hitter. He's had one good season where his average was up there with the home run totals. This past season he was absolutely awful. Minor league awful if not for his fielding and potential.

I didn't say he should be in the clean up spot.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: FoBoT
no way!!!

hmmm....

dude, the story says "Schuerholz promoted "
your topic is misleading, he has been a great GM, but he isn't going away

I see that too. He isn't going anywhere.

Bigger story is Lake Lanier just about bone dry.

That could mean 3 million plus people without drinking water and electricity.

10-11-2007 Lake Lanier has three months of water storage left

That's three months before there's not enough water for more than 3 million metro Atlantans to take showers, flush their toilets and cook.

Three months before there's not enough water in parts of the Chattahoochee River for power plants to make the steam necessary to generate electricity.

"We've never experienced this situation before," state Environmental Protection Division Director Carol Couch said of the record-breaking drought and fast-falling lake.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001

I don't know too many 'franchise players' that hit .220 and bat 7th or 8th in the line-up.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
And for the record, Chipper > Andruw.

Andruw is terrific defensively(tho has lost a step) and can hit HRs. Thats it.

Chipper is a complete hitter... switch, high OBP, high AVG, above avg power from both sides, and at worst is an 'average' defensive player.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Queasy

I don't know too many 'franchise players' that hit .220 and bat 7th or 8th in the line-up.

Like it's done the Yankees a bunch :laugh: