John Oliver’s Marlon Bundo Book Sells Out In A Day; Another Printing In Works

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
If you didn't see the episode in which John Oliver spoke about the Pence family putting out a book about their pet rabbit, Marlon Bundo, I've linked it below. But the fact Oliver's book has outsold Pence's is, to me, somewhat hilarious.

John Oliver’s new children’s book about Veep Mike Pence’s bunny, Marlon Bundo, has sold out, but another printing is in the works asap, the HBO late-night host told Ellen DeGeneres on her show today.

Oliver’s Bundo book is No. 1 on Amazon, deposing James Comey’s book, while the Pence family’s Bundo book trailed, at No. 5.

Pence’s daughter and wife are taking to TV this week on their book tour for “Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Life of the Vice President.” Last Week Tonight host Oliver is doing same for his competing Bundo book, “A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” in which Pence’s pet rabbit falls in love with another male rabbit. All proceeds from Oliver’s book go to The Trevor Project and AIDS United.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/j...other-printing-in-works/ar-BBKtgRw?li=BBnbczX

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I bought it. The audiobook is on sale on Audible for only 2.99 and is voiced by Jim Parsons, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jeff Garlin, Ellie Kemper, John Lithgow, Jack McBrayer, and RuPaul. Plus 100% of the profits go to some worthy charities.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not completely shocking. The Pences' book appeals mainly to a subset of an already minority group (that is, mindlessly loyal evangelical conservatives); Oliver's book appeals to... well, just about any American who's compassionate and has a sense of humor.

Reactions: kage69 and Meghan54

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Not completely shocking. The Pences' book appeals mainly to a subset of an already minority group (that is, mindlessly loyal evangelical conservatives); Oliver's book appeals to... well, just about any American who's compassionate and has a sense of humor.

And who hates Pence and the mindlessly evangelical conservatives that for some reason believe he's an actual human being. Buying a copy of Oliver's book is a "fuck you" to Pence.

Reactions: Meghan54
Jan 25, 2011

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Pettiness sells.

“I think imitation is the most sincere form of flattery in a way. But in all seriousness, his book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind. We have two books that are giving to charities that are both about bunnies, so I’m all for it, really.”
- Charlotte Pence

And who hates Pence and the mindlessly evangelical conservatives that for some reason believe he's an actual human being. Buying a copy of Oliver's book is a "fuck you" to Pence.

Proceeds of Pence’s book go to a nonprofit dedicated to stopping human trafficking, and art therapy at Riley Hospital for Children.

Why do you hate children?

Jan 25, 2011
Pettiness sells.

“I think imitation is the most sincere form of flattery in a way. But in all seriousness, his book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind. We have two books that are giving to charities that are both about bunnies, so I’m all for it, really.”
- Charlotte Pence

Proceeds of Pence’s book go to a nonprofit dedicated to stopping human trafficking, and art therapy at Riley Hospital for Children.

Oliver's book is going to suicide prevention and AIDS research to save people of all ages.

Why do you prefer children?

If it’s a screw you to Pence or not, this has done nothing but helped her book sales immensely. So everyone wins here.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Oliver's book is going to suicide prevention and AIDS research to save people of all ages.

Why do you prefer children?

If it’s a screw you to Pence or not, this has done nothing but helped her book sales immensely. So everyone wins here.
I prefer a return to civility, which anyone purchasing Oliver’s book out of spite is sorely lacking...but yes, it is easy to exploit pettiness, and in this case, everyone does win.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

A non-disclosed percentage of profits are going to a nonprofit, while 100% of Oliver's book's profits goes to charity.

Reactions: soundforbjt

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Meh, as MoS already stated there is a large chunk of America who would have never noticed Pence's bunny book had it not been for John Oliver. I think John Oliver's stunt helped sales of Pence's book immensely (#5 best-seller is no joke) and I'm sure there are people buying Pence's book as a "f**k you" to Oliver and liberals.

Jan 25, 2011
Meh, as MoS already stated there is a large chunk of America who would have never noticed Pence's bunny book had it not been for John Oliver. I think John Oliver's stunt helped sales of Pence's book immensely (#5 best-seller is no joke) and I'm sure there are people buying Pence's book as a "f**k you" to Oliver and liberals.
Fuck everybody! Take my money!

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Republicans care about children so much that they held the CHIP program hostage for 114 days. And they’re okay with children being target practice for anyone with an AR-15.

Last edited: