John McCain retarded/negative Ads

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004
McCain Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKxWrPQFXc / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXqpHEsrxc

(that pain ad - not only lies, but you see their strategy on PAIN. It is like you cut your self and some guy comes up and starts punching that wound. Pain!!! Feel the pain!!)

Obama Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRgWpa_rnWQ

I want a president with a positive view and message, instead of this negative person who is pissed at every body all the time and has dogs behind his back ready to attack anyone who threatens him.

Factcheck.org

McCain released three new ads with multiple false and misleading claims about Obama's tax proposals.

A TV spot claims Obama once voted for a tax increase "on people making just $42,000 a year." That's true for a single taxpayer, who would have seen a tax increase of $15 for the year ? if the measure had been enacted. But the ad shows a woman with two children, and as a single mother, she would not have been affected unless she made more than $62,150. The increase that Obama once supported as part of a Democratic budget bill is not part of his current tax plan anyway.

A Spanish-language radio ad claims the measure Obama supported would have raised taxes on "families" making $42,000, which is simply false. Even a single mother with one child would have been able to make $58,650 without being affected. A family of four with income up to $90,000 would not have been affected.

The TV ad claims in a graphic that Obama would "raise taxes on middle class." In fact, Obama's plan promises cuts for middle-income taxpayers and would increase rates only for persons with family incomes above $250,000 or with individual incomes above $200,000.

The radio ad claims Obama would increase taxes "on the sale of your home." In fact, home-sale profits of up to $500,000 per couple would continue to be exempt from capital gains taxes. Very few sales would see an increase under Obama's proposal to raise the capital gains rate.

A second radio ad, in English, says, "Obama has a history of raising taxes" on middle-class Americans. But that's false. It refers to a vote that did not actually result in a tax increase and could not have done so.

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
I want a president with a positive view and message

so why are you ignoring McCain's positive ads and Obama's negative ads?

I love your explanation. If McCain can make 8 negative and just 1 positive, he wins!!!

2nd. All the latest obama negative ads are response Ads to McCain's negative ads. Oh ye... your response..wait I can see it...im psychic... "well Obama made a negative ad either way, so McCain wins.." - im not falling for this

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
How about this one where McCain panders to the Religious Whackos The One

Fund A Mental Cases must be emailing this to all their relatives and friends

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I didn't really care about those ads, but they are dumb, but the ones that spread lies, not even stretching the truth, like I understand if McCain wants to stretch the truth... I am fine with that, but making ADS with lies.. is a different story.

For example his latest tax AD. Increasing taxes for senior citizens, and stripping people life saving.. c'mon people. Even if its the worst democrat in history, he is going to hurt senior citizens???? actually democrats love taking money from the younger and rich and give it to the seniors... i think the ad has it the other way...

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Does John McCain have any ads that's not about Barack Obama? It's like he keeps talking about him.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Dari

Does John McCain have any ads that's not about Barack Obama? It's like he keeps talking about him.

I know it's hard to find, it's not like it's the first ad on his page or anything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpcxkKlEFA

the Obama ads work, though. it gets people talking about him (just like this thread right here)

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Just as it is played out on a daily basis in the "Office Wars" at every bureaucracy and corporate hierarchy where competition for coveted higher paying/higher status positions are keen and highly spirited, McCain has found himself at the bottom of the pool of prosepective ladder climbers and has chosen to try to force the competition to play at his level and on his field of play, which just so happens to be in the gutters and sewers.

Hillary tried the same tactics against Obama. Didn't work for her, ain't gonn'a work for McCain either.

McCain may as well hire a Voodoo Priest and get Karl Rove on board if he hasn't already, because McCain cannot get past Obama by directly comparing their intelligence, charisma, political and moral principles and..............age.

McCain's got too many soft spots that Obama can expose and poke at to be anywhere near as competitive as he should be.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Does John McCain have any ads that's not about Barack Obama?

It's like he keeps talking about him.

Who else would he smear? :confused:

thats the point... McCain has nothing good to say about himself - only bashes Obama to divert us from the fact that he has nothing new to offer.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
"the one" is about the worst political ad i have ever seen. McCain needs new ad people.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

I know it's hard to find, it's not like it's the first ad on his page or anything...

the Obama ads work, though. it gets people talking about him (just like this thread right here)

Do you really think they work? I don't. And you stated the reason why. When they're talking about Obama, they're not talking about McCain. Hell, they might even go to Obama's website to see what he's all about. McCain seems to be resting on his laurels, as that ad you posted implies.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

this is a good add. this add needs to be played on tv, its sad teh best ones are left to rot on the internet.

edit: fixed the quote

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
also the lies about him visiting the troops in germany, dont forget the reduction of intelligence with the paris hilton ad

MagicConch

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
It is funny b/c you can sense the same frustration (in the ads) the left had with the brainless masses in '04 who obediently pressed the lever whenever "9/11" said now with the same people when the word "change" or "hope" is said.