John McCain needs a change

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: GTKeeper
We knew that the McCain blow-up was going to happen eventually. He is known for not having any temparment.
Yep, McCain will sink his own ship, it's only a matter of time before it reaches critical mass (if it hasn't already).

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: winnar111

No, I'm saying that when the paper endorses a D while the state votes for an R, the paper is out of touch with the state.

Or maybe the people of the state are sold on gimmicky campaign slogans instead of delving deeper into the candidate's platform like a group of people whose very livelihood is dependent upon analyzing politicians and figuring out what is style and what is substance?

Just a thought.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
We knew that the McCain blow-up was going to happen eventually. He is known for not having any temparment.

404: McCain blow-up not found.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
The New York Times is essentially a subsidiary of the Democratic party. From McGovern to Carter to Mondale to Dukakis to Gore to Kerry, they've been out of touch with the rest of the nation and even the rest of NY state.

cough* Judith Miller*cough

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

404: McCain blow-up not found.

He's starting to act like a little baby. Show me the money McCain and maybe I will vote for you. I don't really want a whiner for president.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Tab
Originally posted by: Slick5150
The New York Times is essentially a subsidiary of the Democratic party. From McGovern to Carter to Mondale to Dukakis to Gore to Kerry, they've been out of touch with the rest of the nation and even the rest of NY state.

And that's based on... which Republican talking point memo?

The fact that they've been endorsing every Democrat for President since Eisenhower despite numerous GOP landslide elections in that timeframe?

They're clearly out of touch with the rest of the country.

Yet, they're in touch with most the geo-political graphical region, like every other damn newspaper.

Is that why the state of New York went Republican 3 times since then, while the Times endorsed a Democrat all 3 times?

The state is largely liberal and votes democrat.

Are you trying to dispute this or something? Or just bs it?

No, I'm saying that when the paper endorses a D while the state votes for an R, the paper is out of touch with the state.

And here is why that it is such a foolish statement: It is an EDITORIAL endorsement; not a role-call vote.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Slick5150

And that's based on... which Republican talking point memo?

The fact that they've been endorsing every Democrat for President since Eisenhower despite numerous GOP landslide elections in that timeframe?

They're clearly out of touch with the rest of the country.

Yet, they're in touch with most the geo-political graphical region, like every other damn newspaper.

Is that why the state of New York went Republican 3 times since then, while the Times endorsed a Democrat all 3 times?

Maybe it just proves that whoever the Times picks is going to loose. So let them pick Obama.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
HOLY LOL. Yes, it's that evil LiBrUl mEdIa all hatin' on the Mac and shit. SaRaH pLz.

I read the text until I got to your asinine comments. Did you ever make it out of Kindergarten? I hate to think that you may be able to vote.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
HOLY LOL. Yes, it's that evil LiBrUl mEdIa all hatin' on the Mac and shit. SaRaH pLz.

I read the text until I got to your asinine comments. Did you ever make it out of Kindergarten? I hate to think that you may be able to vote.
I once heard that sarcasm is a sign of intelligence.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I realize that NYT is biased just as many other news sources are, but I believe this move by McCain will do nothing but shoot himself in the foot.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
"I appreciate anyone?s endorsement." John McCain, January 2008

Flip-Flop!

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Did you consider that the Times is primarily the newspaper of New York City, and not of New York State? That might explain the difference between the paper's editorial positions and the electoral results pushed to the right by upstate New York.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
You know the McCain campaign has run out of ideas when it's resorted to crying about the media.