john madden is not too bright

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
Well he might be that good at math, but he is one of the best color announcers in all of football. Madden and Summerall are the absolute best when it comes to announcing football (a close second goes to Al Michaels). And he was one of the best to ever coach the game.

--Ben

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
You mean for a guy who has forgotten more about football than you or I could ever learn? He has a quick brain fart on the metric system and you term him "not too bright." Pretty harsh.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
I heard this from one of them last week.

"He is out of bounds, but not enough"

madmacks

Jul 14, 2000
i just thought it was funny... hehe. dont get me wrong, i love john madden. makes great sound effects too "BOOM! hes on his back"

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
You gotta make a few mistakes when you talk that much. He talks more in an hour than I do in a month, and I say all kinds of stuff wrong :p

madmacks

Jul 14, 2000
it wasnt a mistake though.. he literally didnt know and had to ask his ol pal pat. im just glad that i know something john madden doesnt.

oh yeah, that out of bounds quote is funny too..hehe

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< Football is a game of inches; not millimeters or centimeters. >>

Very true my friend!

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
It's incredible the things he sees on the field. He'll point out two mistakes by the defence which happened at the same time on opposite sides of the field. Amazing! :)

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
When I first started watching football I really didn't like him much. someone will make a great play and he will always say &quot;that is why he is one of the better players in football&quot;. Seemed like he said that a lot and it got annoying. However, having watched it for many years now, I agree with Benchiu, he and Pat truly add something to watching a game. Also, the two rings that look huge even on his hands kind of support the theory he definitely has some grey matter activity going on up there. :)

Static911

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2000
gotta hand it to madden, not too many sports announcers blab sooooooo much!! but, u gotta learn to like the blab cuz it brings the humor into sports :)

Static911