~~John Kerry showed up for work after playing hooky for ages~~

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
He actually went to the Senate today and was just speaking on keeping an assualt weapons ban. He has Missed Voting this %100 of the time and last year %64 of the time I wonder how people from Mass who elected him feel about him playing hooky that much personally I'd lose my job if I didn't show up. Yes I heard he is running for president but I feel that he went to Washington today to look Presidential talking in the US senate.

I DO support his stance on assualt weapons though :D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I think their pay should be tied to the percentage of votes they attend. If these bills are so important that the Feds write a bill on it - then everyone should attend - otherwise their pay should be cut.

IMO -the assult ban won't do much either way. The criminals don't give a rats ass about the law but then again I don't want to make it easier for the criminals to get those sorts of weapons. Does it mean I'll give up my law abiding right to own that particular piece of weaponry - I guess so.

CkG

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yes, there definitely should be some consequence for missing so many votes, hopefully that will come in Mass voters choosing Edwards instead of Kerry today :)

About the gun ban, I naturally oppose this ban. As CAD pointed out, criminals will continue to get guns their tried and true methods which have been passed down from generation to generation of crime.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
All the assault weapons ban did was a) change designs on a few guns b) establish a ripe secondary market for used weapons and large capacity clips.

It is easier to regulate the primary market than the secondary market. Probably resulted in more of the "bad guns and clips" becoming easier to get.