John Dennis to challenge Pelosi for CA seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
He ran against her previously and she got 85%. . . is it just name recognition or do people actually like her policies, maybe pure ignorance?? I don't get it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He ran against her previously and she got 85%. . . is it just name recognition or do people actually like her policies, maybe pure ignorance?? I don't get it.

It's a combination of both. Her policies are generally extremely popular there and she has high name recognition.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Maybe Pelosi will be too busy with her insider stock trading and creating earmarks to benefit her husband to devote full time and energy to her reelection.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Maybe Pelosi will be too busy with her insider stock trading and creating earmarks to benefit her husband to devote full time and energy to her reelection.

I think it's pretty clear that she has time for both.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Possibly both or, you know they could try running someone who hadn't lost by a huge landslide before.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Ha ha ha.
Here are some of this fool's proposals:
End the War in Afghanistan
End foreign aid
Close all foreign military bases. Earmark proceeds from asset sales on foreign soil for federal debt repayment
End embargos and trade sanctions against all countries
Develop new, real free trade agreements
Dramatically cut federal spending immediately, including abolishing the Department of Education.
Effectively abolish the Departments of Commerce and Agriculture. Any Constitutionally appropriate functions may be moved to the DOJ or DOI.
Abolish capital gains taxes
Drastically cut, with an eye toward ending, the income tax
Unwind and end both wars within 6-12 months
Federal budgets must have a surplus

Abolish capital gains? A huge bonus for the rich, does nothing for most Americans.
End foreign aid? Another stupid right wing idea, it would reduce American influence around the world, effectively increasing Chinese and Russian influence.
This guy has zero chance of getting elected.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
if someone else is elected the district could be represented by the highest senior democrat -> rock bottom

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He's a stand up guy who'll take the hit for the good of the Party, again. A Republican Jesus couldn't win against Pelosi.

I doubt there were many contenders for the honor.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He's a stand up guy who'll take the hit for the good of the Party, again. A Republican Jesus couldn't win against Pelosi.

I doubt there were many contenders for the honor.

Republicans would never vote for Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.