John Conyers should he stay or should he go now...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Due process is never a terrible thing.

However, the court of public opinion doesn't require it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My guess is that he's toast. It's time, I think, for shit to hit the fan for those so arrogant as to imagine any sexual advance under the sun they commit is excused as something that just must be welcome because of how tremendous they imagine themselves to be. It's time for that bullshit to be stopped dead in the water the moment it happens. Fuck people like that. They give their gender a bad name and ruin lives in the process.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
My guess is that he's toast. It's time, I think, for shit to hit the fan for those so arrogant as to imagine any sexual advance under the sun they commit is excused as something that just must be welcome because of how tremendous they imagine themselves to be. It's time for that bullshit to be stopped dead in the water the moment it happens. Fuck people like that. They give their gender a bad name and ruin lives in the process.
Well said. As long as it is the voters, OR he has his day in court and is found guilty, I agree completely. But I really, really do not like this practice of firing someone or calling for their resignation because someone(s) made an accusation.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Is it becoming fashionable to swallow poison now?
No he just taking the showbiz method of hiding out. Probably going to sexual harassment rehab. Actually, that' probably not a bad idea, maybe show pictures of Sara Sanders naked.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
He shouldn't necessarily go for what he is accused of since he is still in deny mode. There is also a possibility the woman/women was/were not being truthful. He like others should get the benefit of the doubt and let the voters decide his fate. However, as others have pointed out he is completely neutered and ineffectual at this point so would give two shits if he retires...

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Thank God, a sane move by Conyers. This is how one really puts party first.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Retirement announced. Son endorsed to run for his position. No doubt will be campaigning on a solid platform of "You recognize my name and I'll maybe wear pants in the office"

Reactions: NoCreativity

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Nominating your kid is weak sauce. We've spent the last year railing on the Trump administration for it's nepotism being a problem. This is just terrible hypocrisy.

Reactions: FerrelGeek
Jan 25, 2011
Nominating your kid is weak sauce. We've spent the last year railing on the Trump administration for it's nepotism being a problem. This is just terrible hypocrisy.
Big difference here. The people still have to vote him in. Even better. He's running against his own cousin for the nomination for the seat.