John & Cindy McCain on The View (now with link to archived feed).

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Not sure about a hornet's nest though. The View's panel is 2/5 conservative.

? Do you have a breakdown of who is what?

Whoopie, Barbara, and Joy are libs ....

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd tend to hold more conservative views than Whoopi. Joy and Barbara.

who the hell is sherri shepherd?

<-doesn't watch the view but did know(thought I did anyway) most of the hosts.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481
I don't really get Whoopie's question. Palin's done nothing as governor to legislate her faith, why would she in the white house?

I said the same thing about Huckabee... doesn't matter. People of faith are crazy whackjobs to these people, it doesn't matter how level headed and fair the person is.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti

holy crap, she and palin can go to IHOP and look for baby jebus' face in pancakes and waffles. what a total fucking idiot she is. this is on television? this shouldn't even be greeting people at walmart.

LOL! From dennil's wiki link:

Shepherd was criticized heavily after the September 18, 2007 broadcast of The View,[3] in which she stated that she didn't "believe in evolution. Period". She was asked by co-host Whoopi Goldberg, "Is the world flat?" She first responded, "?I don't know" and expanded that she "never thought about it". Shepherd continued that it was more important to her that she thought about how she was "going to feed [her] child". Barbara Walters replied to this defense of her scientific illiteracy, "You can do both." She then went on to quote scripture.[4]

Similar criticism erupted after the December 4, 2007 broadcast of The View when, during a discussion initiated by Joy Behar about Epicurus, Shepherd attempted to assert that Christians existed in classical Greece, and that the Greeks threw them to the lions (see Persecution of early Christians by the Romans). When confronted on this point, she further claimed that "Jesus came first" (before Greeks and Romans) and stated "I don't think anything predated Christians".[5][6]

In January 2008, Sherri Shepherd commented that gospel singer Shirley Caesar was "like a black Patti LaBelle." Her co-stars, seemingly perplexed by the comment, were all quick to inform her that LaBelle is also African American.[7]

Shepherd also garnered ridicule after admitting to never voting because she just ?never knew the dates or anything?; she stated, "I've never voted for anything in my life".[8][9]