Jog or a bike ride

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

charky

May 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Zedtom
Biking is the more elegant of the two choices. When you are riding, you can push yourself to work on your heart rate and endurance, or you can kick back and enjoy the scenery. You can dress like a professional hotshot or like a casual beach bum.

Jogging presents yourself as more than a casual walker. You are out there for exercise and if you're not sweating, breathing hard or running in place while waiting for a light, then you're slacking off.

If jogging is your thing, please act like a civilized human being. Everyday I see people running in the street acting like they are bulletproof from being run over. If you were walking in the street, people would be honking at you or tell you to get on the sidewalk. But put on running apparel and suddenly you're not jaywalking, you're exercising.

And if biking is your thing, please act like a civilized human being. Please obey the traffic laws, and stop at stop signs. And if you're on the running/biking trails...please give us runners a courteous heads up ("on your left") when you Lance Armstrong by.

Sure running in the street (on the far edge of the street) requires more situational awareness. I see way too many runners running with traffic. Always go against it. You see the car coming and the driver sees you.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I rode my bike to work every day, rain or shine, for 5 years. It was about 4 miles each way, so it didn't take long, although on 100+ degree days or when it was cold and rainy, it was a PITA...
Nowadays, with my bad back and knee, I can't do bikes very well...even the exercise bikes in the gym/PT cause me lots of back & knee pain. Jogging is totally out of the question...of course, I haven't WILLINGLY run since I got out of the Corps almost 35 years ago...