Joe Rogan's 80min Jon Stewart interview

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I like it. But i couldn't finish all the way. Talking about the same tired subjects.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Didn't care for the format, stopped it after 20 seconds or so. Don't care that much about Stewart.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Is Rogan any good? I see his videos linked a lot, but I don't watch much video, and don't want to commit the bandwidth to nonsense to see for myself.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
Is Rogan any good? I see his videos linked a lot, but I don't watch much video, and don't want to commit the bandwidth to nonsense to see for myself.

Sounds like you are asking for opinions. Personally, I like Joe. He has countless hours on YouTube, so it would be impossible for anyone to agree with everything he says, but he is a pretty middle of the road likeable guy.

But it is a long form interview show. It's pretty much three hours of a guest delving into a topic or two in great depth. If you like the topic and the guest, it's hard to beat.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sounds like you are asking for opinions. Personally, I like Joe. He has countless hours on YouTube, so it would be impossible for anyone to agree with everything he says, but he is a pretty middle of the road likeable guy.

But it is a long form interview show. It's pretty much three hours of a guest delving into a topic or two in great depth. If you like the topic and the guest, it's hard to beat.
Does the video add anything, or would audio only be as good?

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
Does the video add anything, or would audio only be as good?

Lots of people just do the podcast. I usually play the video on a second monitor or on a tab.

It is nice to see what the dude looks like or interactions at certain moments, but I really don't need to stare at their faces for hours.

I'm sure different folks will have different preferences.

Reactions: lxskllr

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Rogan recently signed a deal with Spotify worth $100 million. That is the kind of audience reach he has. He also has real street cred in fighting circles.

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-rare-footage-of-rogan-winning-taekwondo-fight-with-back-kick-ko-20200108#:~:text=On top of beating Schilling,ever thrown in November 2017.

He is willing to learn, which is the thing I respect about him most. He smokes a lot of weed, so can get very tin foil about certain topics. But one example where he stopped being a derp, was big foot. He was convinced big foot is real, until he got involved himself. I have seen him cop to being an idiot on other subjects as well. Rare and admirable quality now a days. Particularly with the overwhelming majority of Americans being on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger curve.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I only watched two Rogan full interviews. Both interviews involved Elon Musk as the guest. I thought both interviews were solid.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I learned of Joe Roegan as a comedy actor on the excellent sitcom NewsRadio. He's become very popular as an everyman populist podcast honest, claiming to offer 'straight talk' type bomb throwing against 'the man'. Some of it is good, some of it is bad IMO.

There's a lot to like about his show. I don't watch it almost at all, but when I do, I'm usually finding some good. Saw 20 minutes so far with Stewart, it's just basic good conversation about the times, some good points. Not really a lot of solutions, because they're not really possible. But various good opinions.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
is he good? no.

No, he's not good.

So why did i bother linking this video ?

Well .. Rogan is very popular. Veeeeeery popular. And, he does somehow manage to get some formidable guests: https://jrelibrary.com/episode-list/
RIchard Dawkin, Edward Snowden, Elon Musk, Bernie Sanders, and .. because they smoke weed n' all that, they talk in a rather different way than if they were on TV. They open up more.

Rogan's questions are all softballs, i have never known him to push his guests even a little, and if he finds he's said something controversial or critical, he immediately goes into a joke and "oof that's the way i see it, me dumb'ol' Joe Rogan who should't be expressing opinions, mmk".

Nov 8, 2012
I love Jon Stewart - This interview was okay, but nothing amazing.

I really miss Jon Stewart from the Daily Show....

He hinted at it here - but didn't fully say it... He knows the Daily Show sucks balls now since he left....

Saw Jon Stewart + Dave Chappelle at a stand-up comedy tour they were doing a year or 2 back... It was fucking awesome.

Also I'll never understand people that have some kind of... political agitation against Joe Rogan. The dude is a stand-up comedian and an overall GOOD speaker. Like... really good... He's DAMN good at just keeping a conversation flowing over the course of 2+ hours which is a skill more rare than people realize.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Rogan recently signed a deal with Spotify worth $100 million. That is the kind of audience reach he has. He also has real street cred in fighting circles.

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-rare-footage-of-rogan-winning-taekwondo-fight-with-back-kick-ko-20200108#:~:text=On top of beating Schilling,ever thrown in November 2017.

He is willing to learn, which is the thing I respect about him most. He smokes a lot of weed, so can get very tin foil about certain topics. But one example where he stopped being a derp, was big foot. He was convinced big foot is real, until he got involved himself. I have seen him cop to being an idiot on other subjects as well. Rare and admirable quality now a days. Particularly with the overwhelming majority of Americans being on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger curve.

I wonder if Spotify has heard this bit he did back in the day.

It's pretty funny actually.

Nov 8, 2012
I wonder if Spotify has heard this bit he did back in the day.

It's pretty funny actually.

I really really miss times before the whole woke culture. I mean just look at all the shit Kimmel did at the man show.

I honestly hope he gets canned just because he's the typical "woke" celebrity... condemning himself for things that were legitimately funny and giving the same old sob story "That does not represent my current woke self"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc

Believe me when I say there is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of other shit from the man show over the years lol. I was just casually running through episodes and laughing at them recently.

• Haha
Reactions: lxskllr

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I really really miss times before the whole woke culture. I mean just look at all the shit Kimmel did at the man show.

I honestly hope he gets canned just because he's the typical "woke" celebrity... condemning himself for things that were legitimately funny and giving the same old sob story "That does not represent my current woke self"

Believe me when I say there is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of other shit from the man show over the years lol. I was just casually running through episodes and laughing at them recently.

LOL! I remember watching that episode. That show was comedy gold.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Also I'll never understand people that have some kind of... political agitation against Joe Rogan. The dude is a stand-up comedian and an overall GOOD speaker. Like... really good... He's DAMN good at just keeping a conversation flowing over the course of 2+ hours which is a skill more rare than people realize.
tome, it's not political. I would say i find myself fairly aligned with his political views. But, while i agree that he does have a talent for keeping a discussion going for 2h, i would prefer if he didn't. Get to the point, throw out some risky questions, instead he soapboxes his guests even when they are controversial figures.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm wondering if Jimmy Kimmel has apologized yet for The Man Show. He's white and deeply liberal and almost all of them have been apologizing lately.
Alison Brie apologized for voicing a non-white character in some movie I never even heard of.

Nov 8, 2012
I'm wondering if Jimmy Kimmel has apologized yet for The Man Show. He's white and deeply liberal and almost all of them have been apologizing lately.
Alison Brie apologized for voicing a non-white character in some movie I never even heard of.

It's just sad that today people have mental problems understanding the difference between blackface and impersonating a black person.

There are distinct differences.

I mean shit - they were yelling at some little 8 year old girl or something close to that a few years back because she was impersonating Obama because she legitimately looked up to him. How silly is that shit to get offended by that?

Anyhow - here was his moronic apology:

1593611922788.png

1593611994590.png

1593612075778.png
1593612112203.png

Attachments

• 1593612028489.png
    1593612028489.png
    499.1 KB · Views: 2