Joe Biden - Pretty good guy

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
I am not sure if this deserves it's own thread and these may have been shown in other threads, but here are some letters from Joe that show he is a pretty darn good person.

775c0cdff50f298af685c24cf67e4dfc.png

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
On Thursday, Twitter user Catherine Cooke shared a letter addressed to her mother, Ruth, from February 19, 2002, back when Biden was the senator for Delaware. Cooke explained that while she was sorting through some of her mother's things, she found the old letter, in which Biden apologized for his office continuing to send correspondence to Ruth's late husband after he had died. In the letter, Biden also offered some words of wisdom, telling Ruth that time does heal, even though grief can be unbearable.

"This is no form letter. This is heart and human connection. Thank you for reaching out to her, Mr. Vice President. #BidenHarris2020," Cooke said of the letter that was addressed to her mother. Her tweet has received over 75,000 Likes, and over 15,000 Retweets.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
He's obviously a good guy. What's sad is that we no longer expect that from our politicians.
Well, I do. Without that how can we possibly survive the rapids that our little dingy is gonna face in this decade?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Holy crap, 8 minutes of non-stop complete sentences, complete thoughts, and adult communication.

How has that become so rare these days?
Didn't you get the talking points from right-wing thought leaders? Biden has dementia or whatever.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
He's obviously a good guy. What's sad is that we no longer expect that from our politicians.
Yeah, I just don't get the evangelical comment about "we're not voting him for pope" when attempting to defend him for constantly cheating on his wives and the sexual assault allegations. Like Americans say they are so patriotic. When did they lower their standards for POTUS?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah I posted that in the Hume thread a couple weeks ago, "how to human being" I think was my caption. He's a good guy. He's the kind of guy that I wish had been in Trump's life, like as a mentor. Then maybe our current CiC wouldn't be such a complete piece of shit.

Here's another one, something that def applies to me and wife

nc11aOt.jpg

Thoughtful consideration and some empathy, we need that. Not, "So sorry about whatshisname, but he knew what he signed up for..." or a couple hundred thousand Americans dying from a preventable disease "is what it is."

Last edited:
Reactions: skyking

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don’t know that a majority of Americans want a “good guy” anymore. The good guys like mr smith goes to Washington died off long long ago. People of today are mean and nasty. Social media mean and nasty. Bullying the weak and handicapped mean and nasty. The Donald Trump mean and nasty. This is where today’s Americans are at, not with being good or believing in decency. Donald Trump realized this back in 2015 and thus took advantage of it. The guys wearing the white hats were shot thru the heart while standing in the middle of 5th avenue.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don’t know that a majority of Americans want a “good guy” anymore. The good guys like mr smith goes to Washington died off long long ago. People of today are mean and nasty. Social media mean and nasty. Bullying the weak and handicapped mean and nasty. The Donald Trump mean and nasty. This is where today’s Americans are at, not with being good or believing in decency. Donald Trump realized this back in 2015 and thus took advantage of it. The guys wearing the white hats were shot thru the heart while standing in the middle of 5th avenue.

No, you're equating Trump voters with all "Americans."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, you're equating Trump voters with all "Americans."
I may be projecting my own preferences on to the electorate but I get a strong sense that Americans want a ‘good guy’ or at least someone boring, stable, and predictable.

Reactions: RamIt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yeah, I just don't get the evangelical comment about "we're not voting him for pope" when attempting to defend him for constantly cheating on his wives and the sexual assault allegations. Like Americans say they are so patriotic. When did they lower their standards for POTUS?
They lowered them for THIS POTUS