Joe Biden 2020

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Feels like Bernie is only staying in the race to get to the debat and ask Biden to commit on a few things.
I predict Bernie dropping out a day or so after the debate provided Biden gets on record supporting some of Bernie’s stuff.
Smart plan.

Possibly. Bernie clearly told Joe what he'd ask, so he has time to respond. However, I think he'll at least wait to see if the campaign turns around before dropping out.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
What is Biden going to support? The guy is basically a Republican.

Ironically throughout the 80s and 90s, many Republicans were saying Biden was further right than they were--Reagan was famously surprised how hard Biden kept pushing to amp up the drug war and many Republicans were shocked by the crime bill. Biden was a democrat prior to the re-alignment in the 80s. I think it's safe to say pretty much anything remotely progressive in his website platform is about disingenuous as Mike Bloombergs'.

Feb 4, 2009
Possibly. Bernie clearly told Joe what he'd ask, so he has time to respond. However, I think he'll at least wait to see if the campaign turns around before dropping out.

Could be, seems we agree on Bernie clearly stating what he wants to hear from Joe.
That was my take, maybe I’m wrong.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
One day you may understand, no one owes the Democratic Party anything.
I'm not a Democrat. I just believe that political extremists and radicals, left and right, have more in common with each other than they do with everyone else.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not a Democrat. I just believe that political extremists and radicals, left and right, have more in common with each other than they do with everyone else.

Ok, and your objection to Bernie is?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Biden can't win.
I'm content to let the voters decide that. While this doesn't always hold true, all else being equal there's a higher probability of winning a popular election by being unifying than by being divisive.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Edit: In the same vein, I think the only way Biden even has a ghost of a chance is to pick a very good VP candidate who can energize the voters. After all, if Biden is elected, whoever is VP will almost certainly be running for president in 4 years, and could become President much sooner, considering Biden's age and apparent decline. Who would that be? I dont really know. Personally, I would love to see Andrew Yang, as at least he is young and has new ideas.
Disagree. I think he's been pretty great the last few weeks and is showing that he is the steady hand that sane Americans need and want at this moment.

• Love
Reactions: Muse

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Why not just allow people to hold Trump accountable for what he does? Isn't that bad enough?
There's no need for you to keep making up straw men about how he's being blamed for every stubbed toe. He's not.

Tell me what the peopke of America can do to do this. Hold protests? IDK. Go ahead.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I watched in total fascination (until network news cut to other coverage) Joe's address to a crowd in L.A. the evening of Super Tuesday when it was becoming apparent that he was killing it. It didn't look like he had a prepared speech, that he had teleprompter going on at all. He went on for 10+ minutes (then the network cut away...) was eloquent, fired up, positively inspired. If he can pull off some of that in debates with Trump, the orange one will be eclipsed to all but the bamboozled.

Joe stammers sometimes, not all the time, just sometimes. But I hear he's had an occasional stutter his whole life. I don't think he's lost his wits... at all. The GOP is going to try to paint him otherwise, but I am not going for it.
All Trump needs to do to beat Biden is plat past clips of his quotes. Thats it.
That's just BS, solid hard core BS.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Disagree. I think he's been pretty great the last few weeks and is showing that he is the steady hand that sane Americans need and want at this moment.

He is looking at that glass with an expression of "What the hell is this?" And the other two are looking at him with bemusement!! LOL
Seriously though, using a clip of him with the dialogue blanked out by music to try to show that his speech and reasoning is coherent????

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just looking at this last page of posts I see a pretty stupid ugly shit fight. You'all have made up your minds already? Have a nice day.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Just looking at this last page of posts I see a pretty stupid ugly shit fight. You'all have made up your minds already? Have a nice day.
I dont understand the vitriol in this thread either. Biden doesn't deserve the trashing he's getting in this thread.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I dont understand the vitriol in this thread either. Biden doesn't deserve the trashing he's getting in this thread.

It has nothing to do with "deserving" and has everything to do with Ability to defeat Trump and Ability to address the Needs of the Electorate.

Reactions: ondma