Jobs Report Disappoints, Participation Rate Falls to Lowest Since 1977

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-u-s-rose-in-june-with-little-change-in-wages

Can we all agree that looking at this anymore:

-1x-1.jpg

is meaningless because of this:

-1x-1.jpg

Unless you find two unemployment rates that share the exact same labor participation rate at the time, its meaningless to compare unemployment rates today with those of yesteryear. The media is suspect when they keep cheering lower unemployment rates now than when Obama first took office. Meaningless drivel.

This made me think of a quote from Andrew Lang - when someone wants to use data without understanding it.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp posts – for support rather than for illumination."

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
TH is off tugging semen on the open seas so xbiff carries the stupid torch. Congrats on your promotion. Maybe TH will come back and you can go do the tug job.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
If only we could go back to the economy we had on January 19th, 2009!

Keep on keepin' on.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'm laid off atm, again for the third time in the last 5 years.

At least the last one lasted 2.5 years or so, I'm getting sick of this lame ass economy myself.

I'd like to go back to 2000, when the economy was in good shape, before Dubya and Cheney started raping the country for profit.

Last edited: