Jobs in different states

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
So, I've applied to many jobs out of state. Would they require me to fly out there for a day and do an interview or would most of them just do a telephone interview?

I don't want to spit out a couple hundreds of bucks and fly to various cities just to see if i MAY or MAY NOT get the job. If i want to gamble, I'll rather head to Vegas.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: invidia
So, I've applied to many jobs out of state. Would they require me to fly out there for a day and do an interview or would most of them just do a telephone interview?

I don't want to spit out a couple hundreds of bucks and fly to various cities just to see if i MAY or MAY NOT get the job. If i want to gamble, I'll rather head to Vegas.

Pretty much every company is going to do a phone interview (or three) first. If it gets to the point where they are down to a couple candidates then they would fly you out there*.

*Some more entry level positions are such that they will not pay for transportation. In many cases this will be indicated in some manner in the ad.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
No way are you required to pay for anything during the interview process (ticket, hotel, car, etc).

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: spidey07
No way are you required to pay for anything during the interview process (ticket, hotel, car, etc).

I agree, most companies will pick up the bill.