Job question: Did I already jack myself?

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I got a new job at a 'large retail outlet' and I had to take a drug test within 48 hours of being offered the job. I was offered the job on friday at like 3pm, and I forgot to goto labcorp on friday afternoon or saturday morning, and they arent open on Sunday. So the soonest I can take it is monday afternoon (because of school). Do you think they will still hire me? I had to go through three freaking interviews to get this job too.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
That is certainly not a good way to start. A suspicious employer may think you are trying to buy yourself some time to hide something.

Aren't mandatory drug tests outlawed down there? They are here.

GrassClipper

Aug 17, 2001
Okay, level with us, were you trying to buy yourself a couple extra days or something?;):)

edit - N8Magic beat me to it. Goes to show that if we are thinking of this, then so is your employer most likely.

Sugadaddy

Banned
May 12, 2000
They test for drugs?? What kind of store does that?

That sucks! What if you're on medicinal marijuana?

HEMIFREAK

Aug 25, 2001
sounds like best buy to me and suggadaddy to answer your question they dont care...they still wont hire you even if you have a medicinal marijuana cert...I am a "victim" of that situation...the only way around it I have learned is show the cert. to the MRO(medical reporting officer I guess) and he will return a "negative" test result... under NO circumstances do you tell your current or prospective employer...they will come up with some kind of excuse for not hiring you

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The thing is I dont take drugs of any kind so its not that I had anything to wash out. In fact the truth is that I went there on friday, but I accidently went to the bathroom before I left so I couldnt give all that the greedy doctor wanted so he said come back monday.

ASK THE COMMUNITY