job interview questions

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
ok. i just finished my interview, am i supposed to send a thank you letter? theres one more phase to go, and im not sure if im supposed to send one after this interview, or the next one, IF they decide to call me for the next one.

and. references, who can they be? friends? managers?

TMTCC

Mar 31, 2000
Sending a thank you letter is just one of those courtesy type of things, so it definately doesn't hurt to drop them a line saying thanks for spending the time to interview and talk with them about the company and such. Was this a phone interview, on-site interview, etc?

As for references, find people who can verify your worth ethic and your capabilities. Good luck!

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
it was an onsite interview. i guess it just seems like counting your chickens or something sending them a thank you note now...but i guess it couldn't hurt rite?

references can be pretty much anyone then? as long as they know me and stuff?

TMTCC

Mar 31, 2000
Usually you want someone of a "professional" level such as a manager to give you a reference so that it's a bit more believeable. Sure you can have friends that could give you a reference, but I would your friends would put more of a positive bias if asked about you.

If it was from an onsite interview, definately send a thank you note back since they were taking time off their work day to talk to you and show you around the company.