Job as a Computer Technician

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Homerboy
wow OP is in serious trouble just based off hhis "Ability" in this thread alone

seconded...hehe

anyhow, MCP isn't really a certification, it just means you have taken one of the MS tests and passed, so you could just take the XP Pro test and be an "MCP"

After you pass enough of those MS test, you can be a MCSA, MCSE, etc.... Each one has it's own specific tests you need to pass.

I did the certs in my sig in high school, so they are worth very little in real world in my opinion. If you can get the A+, that should more than qualify you for a lowly geek squad position, experience in actually doing stuff is worth more than the cert.

nomrah

May 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Homerboy
wow OP is in serious trouble just based off hhis "Ability" in this thread alone

Indeed.

OP - Obiviously you have no idea what you what to do in life, and at that stage there's no way you're going to find any useful information from posting in a forum. My advice for you is to go to a full 4 yr University, this will give you more time to explore your options as to what you want to do in life.

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
At the technical collage I work at the people graduating get around $16 an hour starting and ramp up fast enough and have gone as much as over $30 an hour over time. That?s not bad for someone two years out of high school (Wisconsin). The electives should be Linux, networking or Java classes. You can always get your four year degree down the road and let your employer pay for it. This is our program.

http://www.wctc.edu/web/areas/...ware/comphardwarec.php