Jimbo Fisher will replace Bobby Bowden at FSU when Bowden retires

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Link - I thought this was pretty much a given when Fisher was hired last year but it sounds like they are going to make it official now.

FSU offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher will succeed Bobby Bowden when he retires, the school will announce at a Monday news conference, sources close to the situation said Wednesday.

The school will announce that Fisher has agreed to a three-year deal that will pay just under $1 million per year. When Bowden retires, the school has told Fisher he will succeed the legendary coach.

If for any reason Fisher is not named coach at that time, the school would pay Fisher a multimillion dollar buyout.

Fisher had been contacted by Southern Mississipppi and Arkansas, among other schools, gauging his interest to become their head coach.

No exact date has been given for Bowden's eventual retirement.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Chryso
It will be after next year. Bowden just signed a 1 year contract.

For about $2.5 million. And he's 22 days older than Dick Clark.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
For how shitty the FSU offense has been...i'm not exactly happy about this news. I've been an FSU fan for a number of years...and I hope i see a better offense (also a consistant QB) next year...or the future may be bleak. I hope i'm wrong.