Jews Living Inside Iran - BBC Article - JPOST Article

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix
aimster, why dont you just move to Iran and swap spit with Ahmedinejad and stop posting this crap. Ahmedinejad is a mad man that is just about equal to Hitler pre WWII.

& I have said I support the Iran's President where?

What crap am I posting?

I am posting facts. If you do not like facts go read Harry Potter

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
aimster, why dont you just move to Iran and swap spit with Ahmedinejad and stop posting this crap. Ahmedinejad is a mad man that is just about equal to Hitler pre WWII.

See this is what I'm talking about when I talk about virulent lies spreading quickly yet no one listening to the reality of the situation. Now people are driven by pure emotion rather than any rationality. Their president "just about equal" to Hitler? LOL. Well soon enough we will find out of the mass killings of Jews in Iran, and of course their Kristalnacht!

To be serious, at most he is a string puppet that moves around in Irani politics and has limited affect on anything. Any REAL power in Iran is controlled by their corrupt Mullahs - I wouldn't think for a minute that any of the REAL situations that are important such as Iranian involvement in Iraq are something that he deals with daily. Most likely he is aware of it, but he knows (as well as Khatami knew and unsucessfully TRIED to change) that he doesn't call any of the "real" shots. He may push for things here and there, and probably affects domestic Irani affairs quite a bit...but the man clearly doesn't control anything on the international scene that we all wish we did.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Originally posted by: magomago
This post was simply to prove that Iran isn't controlled by megalomaniacs hellbent on the death of Jews. Look at all the posts here, and it is apparant that there is a virulent idea that Iran would kill every Jew if it could. Aimster has posted SEVERAL times on the wonderful "mistranslation" of what occurs, but 99% of people here simply ignore it and repeat what is stated. If we pause for a minute and assume that their president truly called for the death of all Jews and is actively planning it each night...then we should look no further than the lives of the average Jewish Iranians in their country. And apparantly they aren't doing bad at all.

Hezbollah wants to kill all Jews.
Iran supports Hezbollah.
Could it be any simpler than that?

Sure, we can get into a long theoretical discussion about the true intentions of Ahmadinajad, and they probably don't care that much of the Jews, but they are using Jews/Israel as scapegoat, as means to divert the public attentions.
Nevertheless, so far their actions have indicated that they are willing to support genocide, and if there were some serious crisis in Iran that threaten the rulers, do you really think that they wouldn't use the Jews there as scapegoats?

We've already seen Arab/Muslim "tolerance" put to the test in 1948, when they expelled almost all the Jews living in their countries: Jewish exodus from Arab lands.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: dna
Originally posted by: magomago
This post was simply to prove that Iran isn't controlled by megalomaniacs hellbent on the death of Jews. Look at all the posts here, and it is apparant that there is a virulent idea that Iran would kill every Jew if it could. Aimster has posted SEVERAL times on the wonderful "mistranslation" of what occurs, but 99% of people here simply ignore it and repeat what is stated. If we pause for a minute and assume that their president truly called for the death of all Jews and is actively planning it each night...then we should look no further than the lives of the average Jewish Iranians in their country. And apparantly they aren't doing bad at all.

Hezbollah wants to kill all Jews.
Iran supports Hezbollah.
Could it be any simpler than that?

Sure, we can get into a long theoretical discussion about the true intentions of Ahmadinajad, and they probably don't care that much of the Jews, but they are using Jews/Israel as scapegoat, as means to divert the public attentions.
Nevertheless, so far their actions have indicated that they are willing to support genocide, and if there were some serious crisis in Iran that threaten the rulers, do you really think that they wouldn't use the Jews there as scapegoats?

We've already seen Arab/Muslim "tolerance" put to the test in 1948, when they expelled almost all the Jews living in their countries: Jewish exodus from Arab lands.

Show me where Hezbollah wants to kill all Jews

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Aimster

Heh... you're funny.....

I guess Nasrallah had only good things to say about the Jews....

Oh, wait, I forgot, you must be doing that Jews/Zionists distiniction...

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
I am posting facts. If you do not like facts go read Harry Potter

You facts come from a country where there is no freedom of speech, or freedom of press, while the people in the articles you provided refused to give their real name.

Call me crazy, but I'm a little skeptical about the truthfulness/accuracy of your links.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

He can't, that is just another stupid myth that is spread around as it justifies Israel continuing theft of land.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Ahmadinejad a man of peace as you try to paint with such great effort? You cannot hide his own words and the rave of his crowd to destroy Israel and America. For their own declaration of war in this way we should in return declare war.

Reality check

with video

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: TheSnowman

He can't, that is just another stupid myth that is spread around as it justifies Israel continuing theft of land.

WTF?? try this. google Hezbollah, suicide bombers, israel

and tell us what you get back.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006

Heh.... How's it going in that parallel universe of yours?

I guess 4,000 rockets launched at cities, towns and villages aren't proof enough for you guys. They must've been aiming only for the Zionist leaders, right?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Heh... you're funny.....

I guess Nasrallah had only good things to say about the Jews....

Oh, wait, I forgot, you must be doing that Jews/Zionists distiniction...

Show me

I am waiting

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

I googled it and 99.9% of the suicide attacks by Hezbollah happened during Lebanon occupation...

Hezbollah is not Hamas..

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

I guess 4,000 rockets launched at cities, towns and villages aren't proof enough for you guys. They must've been aiming only for the Zionist leaders, right?
Was Israel trying to destroy all the Arabs with their many more munitions fired during that conflict?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

& Israel bombed apartment buildings

What is your point?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

I googled it and 99.9% of the suicide attacks by Hezbollah happened during Lebanon occupation...

Hezbollah is not Hamas..
And even Hamas is willing to resolve the conflict with a two-state solution, but Israel would rather keep taking more land.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006

What is your point?

I just love it when people make a stupid comparison, ignoring all the other details. :D

In case you forgot Hezbollah started the whole thing by assaulting a border outpost. Israel attacked building proven, or with high likelihood of housing Hezbollah weapons/figthers/etc.

Hezbollah fired at civilians.

Do you see the difference, or do I need to "prove" that as well?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
And even Hamas is willing to resolve the conflict with a two-state solution, but Israel would rather keep taking more land.

A two-state solution when your charter calls for the destruction of the other?

How convenient....

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

What is your point?

I just love it when people make a stupid comparison, ignoring all the other details. :D

In case you forgot Hezbollah started the whole thing by assaulting a border outpost. Israel attacked building proven, or with high likelihood of housing Hezbollah weapons/figthers/etc.

Hezbollah fired at civilians.

Do you see the difference, or do I need to "prove" that as well?

Israel bombed apartment buildings killing civilians ...

What do you not understand about that?

Stop trying to make Israel out to be a perfect country.

Just because the U.S does BS like that doesnt mean it is right. U.S is wrong in many ways but it is easy to give orders behind a desk.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Israel bombed apartment buildings killing civilians ...
What do you not understand about that?
Stop trying to make Israel out to be a perfect country.

Pffft... I know Israel bombed civilians, but the difference is that they don't do it intetionally.
Hezbollah fired 4,000 rockets attempting to kill civilians, do you not get that?
I'm sure you were thinking about Kana when you wrote that, but the problem is that that whole event was suspicious, especially when dealing with an organization that loves civilian casualties -- and even tried to cause it -- as it furthers their cause.
E.g. Christian villagers have nowhere to run, Caught between warring sides, many stay to protect homes:
Residents of Ain Ebel say Hezbollah has been drawing fire toward the Christian village by launching Katyusha rockets from the nearby tobacco fields, just a few hundred metres from Ms. Asrouni's home. The militants leave when Israel returns fire, witnesses said.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: LumbergTech
You dont seem to know the history of Israel and what he means by getting rid of Israel.
blah blah blah

And you seem to forget that Iran supplied training weapons, and money to Hezbollah. There are also people there who signed up for suicide bombing against Israel; Iran: Suicide recruits to attack US, Israel, Rushdie:
It looked at first glance like a gathering on the fringes of a society divided between moderates who want better relations with the world and hard-line Muslim militants hostile toward the United States and Israel.

But the presence of two key figures -- a prominent Iranian lawmaker and a member of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards -- lent the meeting more legitimacy and was a clear indication of at least tacit support from some within Iran's government.

That is very recent history, and if we go back 60 years, then 1948, 1967, and 1973 will not agree with this lame idea that you are trying to push.

and the united states helped build OBL.....so whats your point?

that is absolutely false. ISI records indicate that ZERO funds, equipment, or training provided by the CIA/US between 1980 and 1989 went to OBL. In fact, the Pakistani ISI did not like OBL as much as some other muj generals, and OBL had his own funds coming from Arabia and other places for his personnel, equipment, and training. We let the ISI control the distribution of everything to remain one step detached from the situation.

You dont have a CLUE about what you're talking about... but gee, it's sure a nice sound bite to blame the US for "creating OBL," isnt it!?

bah. 100% wrong.