Jews Living Inside Iran - BBC Article - JPOST Article

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: dna
Originally posted by: Aimster
Hezbollah was created after Israel invaded Lebanon so that little statement of yours is pointless. Hezbollah was created to get Israel out of Lebanon.

And Israel got out in 2000, so my statement is valid, and yours is utterly pointless.

& Israel and Hezbollah have been going at it for 6 years after that so what is your point?

You are suggesting it has only been Hezbollah attacking Israeli forces while Israel didnt do a thing.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
If a Muslim person was to visit Israel and he/she walked the streets of Tel Aviv in full Muslim dress they would be looked at and they would face discrimination. The same would happen if a Jewish person decided to visit Iran and walked the streets of Tehran in full Jewish clothing.

Wow, you're really trying very hard to stretch the truth.

Sure a Muslim in full traditional dress will be looked upon with suspicion, and that is suspicion that is justified after years of suicide bombings, where people hid explosives under many layers of clothes. On the other hand, there is hardly any legitimate reason for people in Iran to look suspiciously at a Jew, unless they have succumbed to the brainwashing that goes on TV.

I'll agree that there is discrimination going on in Israel, but some of it is understandable -- you had Israeli Arabs voicing their support for Nasrallah in the past conflict. Also, the years of conflict, along with all the hate propaganda that goes on in Gaza, West Bank, and the neighboring nations, hasn't exactly fostered an atmosphere in which Israelis can respect them -- you don't spend too much time thinking rosy thoughts about someone who openly advocates for your murder.

Oh, and you're so way off target: Jews don't take offense because somone says something negative about Israel; they take offense because they know that anything negative about Israel is (most of the time) really something negative about the Jews, as centuries of history demonstrated it. There are still people in Europe that dislike/hate Jews -- care to explain their reasons?

Oh, BTW, Jews and Muslims can live side-by-side peacefully as long as it is convenient for the Muslims; evidence: Jewish exodus from Arab lands.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
You are suggesting it has only been Hezbollah attacking Israeli forces while Israel didnt do a thing.

Israel got out per the UN resolution; Lebanon didn't disarm Hezbollah.

For a resistence movement, Hezbollah had very little to resist after Israel got out. Neverthelss, they took the cause of the Palestinians as an excuse to continue their heroic deeds.

It's quite funny that you are ignoring all the other details in your attempt to show there is nothing wrong with Iran arming/training Hezbollah -- a militia with a declared goal of destroying Isral. I guess you really can't connet the dots.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Israel got out per the UN resolution; Lebanon didn't disarm Hezbollah.

For a resistence movement, Hezbollah had very little to resist after Israel got out. Neverthelss, they took the cause of the Palestinians as an excuse to continue their heroic deeds.

It's quite funny that you are ignoring all the other details in your attempt to show there is nothing wrong with Iran arming/training Hezbollah -- a militia with a declared goal of destroying Isral. I guess you really can't connet the dots.

What the hell does this have to do with a country wanting to destroy the population of another country? Nothing.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
If a Muslim person was to visit Israel and he/she walked the streets of Tel Aviv in full Muslim dress they would be looked at and they would face discrimination. The same would happen if a Jewish person decided to visit Iran and walked the streets of Tehran in full Jewish clothing.

Wow, you're really trying very hard to stretch the truth.

Sure a Muslim in full traditional dress will be looked upon with suspicion, and that is suspicion that is justified after years of suicide bombings, where people hid explosives under many layers of clothes. On the other hand, there is hardly any legitimate reason for people in Iran to look suspiciously at a Jew, unless they have succumbed to the brainwashing that goes on TV.

I'll agree that there is discrimination going on in Israel, but some of it is understandable -- you had Israeli Arabs voicing their support for Nasrallah in the past conflict. Also, the years of conflict, along with all the hate propaganda that goes on in Gaza, West Bank, and the neighboring nations, hasn't exactly fostered an atmosphere in which Israelis can respect them -- you don't spend too much time thinking rosy thoughts about someone who openly advocates for your murder.

Oh, and you're so way off target: Jews don't take offense because somone says something negative about Israel; they take offense because they know that anything negative about Israel is (most of the time) really something negative about the Jews, as centuries of history demonstrated it. There are still people in Europe that dislike/hate Jews -- care to explain their reasons?

Oh, BTW, Jews and Muslims can live side-by-side peacefully as long as it is convenient for the Muslims; evidence: Jewish exodus from Arab lands.

uhm obviously you have never been discriminated against

if a black man goes to an all white town people will stare

that is how the world works. People who do not fit in stand out.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
When Ahmadinejad was in NYC a few weeks ago he meet with one of the Hasidic anti-Zionist organizations there. Also note that the Arab league has proposed a a two-state solution and Iran's Supreme Leader has expressed support for that.

Funny stuff -- I remember a two state solution offered back in 1947, i.e. the 1947 UN Partition Plan.
The Jews accepted it, and the Arabs started a cycle of wars, which resulted in Israel taking over much more land than they would've received under the parition plan.

As for the Hassidic Jews: they should get a job, instead of praying the whole day, waiting for the messiah; as far as I'm concerned they are a waste of organic material. But hey, it's obvious why you link to them.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
When Ahmadinejad was in NYC a few weeks ago he meet with one of the Hasidic anti-Zionist organizations there. Also note that the Arab league has proposed a a two-state solution and Iran's Supreme Leader has expressed support for that.

Funny stuff -- I remember a two state solution offered back in 1947, i.e. the 1947 UN Partition Plan.
The Jews accepted it, and the Arabs started a cycle of wars, which resulted in Israel taking over much more land than they would've received under the parition plan.

As for the Hassidic Jews: they should get a job, instead of praying the whole day, waiting for the messiah; as far as I'm concerned they are a waste of organic material. But hey, it's obvious why you link to them.

that was uncalled for.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
What the hell does this have to do with a country wanting to destroy the population of another country? Nothing.

I'll explain this to you in very simple terms:
  1. I said that Iran arming and training Hezbollah is proof that Iran wants Jews dead.
  2. You said that Hezbollah was create way back, when Israel was in Lebanon.
  3. I pointed out that Israel pulled out in 2000, and that Hezbollah's goal now is simply to destroy Israel, and to "help" the Palestinians.

Now, given all the above facts, since we can no longer accept the argument that Hezbollah is a resistence force, fighting to get Israel out of Lebanon, and their declared mission is to simply kill Jews, it would seem to me that if Iran supports them, then that implies that they are in favor of killing Jews.

Get it?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006

Are you equating stares with discrimination?
The one who's different will always stand out, and there is nothing to be done about it.

However, in Israel, the one who stands out might have some explosives under his clothes, and has an intention to kill you. Seems to me like a valid reason to be suspicious, and even discriminate by racial profiling.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Are you equating stares with discrimination?
The one who's different will always stand out, and there is nothing to be done about it.

However, in Israel, the one who stands out might have some explosives under his clothes, and has an intention to kill you. Seems to me like a valid reason to be suspicious, and even discriminate by racial profiling.

that is discrimination

the majority of arabs/muslims inside Israel do not blow themselves up. In fact less than 1% of them do.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

I'll explain this to you in very simple terms:
  1. I said that Iran arming and training Hezbollah is proof that Iran wants Jews dead.
  2. You said that Hezbollah was create way back, when Israel was in Lebanon.
  3. I pointed out that Israel pulled out in 2000, and that Hezbollah's goal now is simply to destroy Israel, and to "help" the Palestinians.

Now, given all the above facts, since we can no longer accept the argument that Hezbollah is a resistence force, fighting to get Israel out of Lebanon, and their declared mission is to simply kill Jews, it would seem to me that if Iran supports them, then that implies that they are in favor of killing Jews.

Get it?

Haha if Iran wanted Jews dead they would kill their own Jews.

Common Sense.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Haha if Iran wanted Jews dead they would kill their own Jews.

Common Sense.

World politics are more complex than that, little boy.

I just proved that your statement is incorrect so you call me a little boy.

Genius.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Aimster, what are you trying to prove with these recent posts? That Iran is not such a bad country on world affairs?

Sure maybe they are nice to the Jews within their country, but overall I don?t think we can call Iran a friend or advocate of world peace.

Their support of Hezbollah, their calls to eliminate Israel, their support of radical Muslims and desire to spread their brand of Islamic rule don?t exactly make them model citizens.

On top of that they lack basic civil rights that we take for granted. Freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom to assemble, even the right to vote for who you want. They are Democratic, but you only get to vote for who the mullahs say can run for office, not a way to run a Democracy.

Compared to them Israel is a land of saints. Real religious freedom, freedom of speech, free press, and totally free elections.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Aimster, what are you trying to prove with these recent posts? That Iran is not such a bad country on world affairs?

Sure maybe they are nice to the Jews within their country, but overall I don?t think we can call Iran a friend or advocate of world peace.

Their support of Hezbollah, their calls to eliminate Israel, their support of radical Muslims and desire to spread their brand of Islamic rule don?t exactly make them model citizens.

On top of that they lack basic civil rights that we take for granted. Freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom to assemble, even the right to vote for who you want. They are Democratic, but you only get to vote for who the mullahs say can run for office, not a way to run a Democracy.

Compared to them Israel is a land of saints. Real religious freedom, freedom of speech, free press, and totally free elections.

I already stated what I am trying to prove

maybe if you stopped posteing non-sense inaccurate information I wouldn't need to create these threads.

This thread is not about Hezbollah. The attention was diverted to Hezbollah because you and your buddy skip over the main point and try to twist everything around.

This thread is not about basic rights and civil rights so why are you bringing that up?

This thread is not about freedom of speech or freedom of the people so why are you bringing that up?

& Iran is not a democracy. Iran is run by a dictator & he is not Iran's President.

This thread is not about which country is better, Iran or Israel so why are you even comparing the two? This thread is not even about the state of Israel.

Stop going off-topic in my thread. If you dont like the facts I post then go do something about them so your actions can change my facts.

Alaa

Apr 26, 2005
Why are some of you posting non-sense? In a thread about Iran you talk about hezb allah yet there is not proved connection between them... Conspiracy theories? The people who know what *Complex* IS please keep your definition for yourself you are not the only Good people in the world.
My advice: write all your freedom rights on a paper- hold the paper - jump out of the window. Thanks.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Alaa
Why are some of you posting non-sense? In a thread about Iran you talk about hezb allah yet there is not proved connection between them... Conspiracy theories? The people who know what *Complex* IS please keep your definition for yourself you are not the only Good people in the world.
My advice: write all your freedom rights on a paper- hold the paper - jump out of the window. Thanks.
"yet there is not proved connection between them"-- You are so right, I mean I myself was amazed that Hezbollah could make a missile that is exactly the same as an Iranian missile and then launch it at an Israeli warship. Amazing what those terrorists can do in those basement bomb building plants.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Wow, I guess Aimster is saying that he doesn't want us to post anything that might contradict his assertions.

If you guys think that pointing out the Iranian-Hezbollah link is nonsense, then you are indeed very naive.

Oh, is that "jump out the window" advice a fatwa yet? If not, then I'm not doing it.....

Alaa

Apr 26, 2005
it is a fatwa Go On!! stop posting non-sense not related to the topic. the topic is simply Iran-Jews inside Iran, not Iran-Israel- Hezb Allah.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Perhaps to dispel the rumor that Iran is some whacked up fanatic country hell bent on destorying the world and causing everyone to fall into line with "sharia"?

JUUUUUUUUSTTT a guess.

We talk about worrying about growing Iranian influence in the Middle East...when we have to pause and realize that the Middle East is the region they are in! Of COURSE if they get more powerful they will have a growing influence on the region. Then again, these are the same people talking about maintaing our "American interests" in the middle east...when we are the ones that are really 8000 miles away from home.

This post was simply to prove that Iran isn't controlled by megalomaniacs hellbent on the death of Jews. Look at all the posts here, and it is apparant that there is a virulent idea that Iran would kill every Jew if it could. Aimster has posted SEVERAL times on the wonderful "mistranslation" of what occurs, but 99% of people here simply ignore it and repeat what is stated. If we pause for a minute and assume that their president truly called for the death of all Jews and is actively planning it each night...then we should look no further than the lives of the average Jewish Iranians in their country. And apparantly they aren't doing bad at all.

But please don't mark me as an Iran Apologist. Just because Iran nor the president isn't out actively seeking the death of Jews doesn't make Iran a saint: They are involved with a LOT of B.S. in Iraq - and their government [mostl likely through their supreme council which is a bunch of corrupt mullah tards] is supporting those who are forcing a type of religious government by cutting forms of entertainment and forcing women to wear the abaya. Its gone to the point where people can't SELL a certain food and others have used these tactics to foce people out of business by threatening them with their lives. They would most likely be giddy at the idea that the south will form its own "oil emirate" from which they can have very close ties with.

THAT is someting we should be concerned about because we have seen Iran's actions and it is on the contrary to a STABLE UNITED Iraqi democracy. They aren't interested in a strong Iraq because if Iraq also begins to exert more influence then it will limit their ability to penetrate the the region. But now we have a case of two countries locally competing for influence....not a super power 8000 miles away attempting to impose its will...again(Iraq invasin 2003 of course).

But instead we get all freaked about mis translated and understood comments...when even if we try to take those comments seriously all we have are comments: no real actions.
So until the day Iran gathers its Jews and slaughters them...its clear that their president's beef is with Israel and not the Jewish people because it is easier to take action on a people within land you control rather than people four countries over.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Wow, I guess Aimster is saying that he doesn't want us to post anything that might contradict his assertions.

If you guys think that pointing out the Iranian-Hezbollah link is nonsense, then you are indeed very naive.

Oh, is that "jump out the window" advice a fatwa yet? If not, then I'm not doing it.....

You havent posted a single thing that goes against the purpose of this thread

the only thing u do is keep posting crap. You dont like positive news when it has to do with Muslims. You love hate. So I wonder who is more dangerous in the longrun..you or the people you hate cause I dont see a single difference.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
I did post, and you used your usual claim that it is not a reliable source.

Even in your sources the people are afraid to giving their real name -- ever wonder why?

You expect me to believe that everything is hunky dory in a country where the press is controlled by the ruling ayatollahs, and where people are afaraid to speak their mind. Are you even surprised they wouldn't say anything bad about Iran when they still have relatives over there?

The only reason they don't touch those Jews is because that way they can continue with all this double talk of "kill all zionists" which supposedly doesn't equal "kill all jews". Unfortunately, some people buy into that crap.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I did post, and you used your usual claim that it is not a reliable source.

Even in your sources the people are afraid to giving their real name -- ever wonder why?

You expect me to believe that everything is hunky dory in a country where the press is controlled by the ruling ayatollahs, and where people are afaraid to speak their mind. Are you even surprised they wouldn't say anything bad about Iran when they still have relatives over there?

The only reason they don't touch those Jews is because that way they can continue with all this double talk of "kill all zionists" which supposedly doesn't equal "kill all jews". Unfortunately, some people buy into that crap.

Have you even read the scotsman article?

Pull some quotes out of there that you think discredit my thread.

I dont care what you think about a country you have never been to. The fact is Iran protects JEWS by Law. You try discrediting that. ... go ahead.

All you can do is "well I dont believe it. You expect me to believe it. The only reason they do that.."

I dont care what the reason is for doing that. The point is YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM. Are you a mind reader now? NO. So unless you have actual facts that support your BS then dont post.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
aimster, why dont you just move to Iran and swap spit with Ahmedinejad and stop posting this crap. Ahmedinejad is a mad man that is just about equal to Hitler pre WWII.