Jews Living Inside Iran - BBC Article - JPOST Article

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I made this thread because

1) Misinformed individuals are linking the conflict between Israel-Palestine with religion (Jews-Muslim). This thread will show that minority Jews living inside a majority Muslim country run on Islamic Laws are protected citizens and also not threatended by the government.

2) Misinformed individuals keep suggesting that the President of Iran wants to kill the Jews. Yet, in the same article his office has donated money to the Jewish hospital inside Iran. For those who are still misinformed, the President of Iran while crazy and lunatic has always talked about the Jews-Christians-Muslims uniting together to get rid of Israel.
-What does this mean, "get rid of Israel"? It means he wants Israel and Palestine to unite.
Of course it doesn't matter if this is possible or not or even realistic. It simply puts an end to the statements that he wants the Jews dead.
Debating this is pointless. Iran's President does not control Iran and he is not the most powerful figure.

[The Article]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5367892.stm

It is not a sight you would expect in a revolutionary Islamic state, but there are synagogues dotted all over Iran where Jews discreetly practise their religion.

"Because of our long history here we are tolerated," says Jewish community leader Unees Hammami, who organised the prayers.

Despite the offence Mahmoud Ahmedinejad has caused to Jews around the world, his office recently donated money for Tehran's Jewish hospital.

In between chopping up meat, butcher Hersel Gabriel tells me how he expected problems when he came back from Israel, but in fact the immigration officer didn't say anything to him.

He says the father of Iran's revolution, Imam Khomeini, recognised Jews as a religious minority that should be protected.

"It's not a problem coming and going; I went to Israel once through Turkey and once through Cyprus and it was not problem at all," she says.

Article - JPOST
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?...&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Ishak insists that life in Iran is far better for Jews than life in Israel.

"If you have problems there, people help you - and they know you are Jewish," said Ishak, who has now briefly returned to Israel to sell his shop and leave for good. "But here, everyone is looking out for himself. You can't trust anybody."

Ishak is not the only recent immigrant who prefers his Islamic birthplace to his Jewish homeland. Jerusalem's Jaffa Road and Rehov Ben-Yehuda are lined with shopkeepers originally from Iran who say they are desperate to go back - some to visit, some to live.

And while most outsiders might believe that routine contact between the citizens of the two sworn enemies is impossible, in fact, not only are the phone lines between Teheran and Tel Aviv used actively, but so also are flight routes via Istanbul.

"The Jews there live very well," he explained. "When [Ayatollah Ruhollah] Khomeini got in power he said there is a difference between Persian Jews who are from Moussa (Moses) and Zionist Jews."

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Be not a Jew, and go to Israel, find out what it is to be a second class citizen. It is a extremely Zionist state, controlled by the extremists, they even assassinate their moderate leaders.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Iran Scarred by foreign interference. I do not know about present day life there.:(

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Aimster

1) Misinformed individuals are linking the conflict between Israel-Palestine with religion (Jews-Muslim). This thread will show that minority Jews living inside a majority Muslim country run on Islamic Laws are protected citizens and also not threatended by the government.

2) Misinformed individuals keep suggesting that the President of Iran wants to kill the Jews. Yet, in the same article his office has donated money to the Jewish hospital inside Iran. For those who are still misinformed, the President of Iran while crazy and lunatic has always talked about the Jews-Christians-Muslims uniting together to get rid of Israel.
-What does this mean, "get rid of Israel"? It means he wants Israel and Palestine to unite.
Of course it doesn't matter if this is possible or not or even realistic. It simply puts an end to the statements that he wants the Jews dead.

Oh, it all makes sense now. We should be enthralled that we can be enslaved by an Islamic country instead of dying in war against it. I suppose that's a wonderful choice, you appear all jazzed over it, but didn't Al-Qaida make the some proposal that we could convert to Shira Law or die? The two groups apparently go hand in hand with the thinking that they get to rule the lowly infidels.

Anyone preaching that Israel should be destroyed, should they themselves be killed first, which is the case with Iran. Violence begets violence.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Oh, it all makes sense now. We should be enthralled that we can be enslaved by an Islamic country instead of dying in war against it. I suppose that's a wonderful choice, you appear all jazzed over it, but didn't Al-Qaida make the some proposal that we could convert to Shira Law or die? The two groups apparently go hand in hand with the thinking that they get to rule the lowly infidels.

Anyone preaching that Israel should be destroyed, should they themselves be killed first, which is the case with Iran. Violence begets violence.

What are you talking about?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

DP

jrenz

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
What does this mean, "get rid of Israel"? It means he wants Israel and Palestine to unite.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesday that Israel must be "wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA press agency reported.

Well, I guess that ends your argument.

bobdelt

May 26, 2006
Originally posted by: jrenz
What does this mean, "get rid of Israel"? It means he wants Israel and Palestine to unite.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesday that Israel must be "wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA press agency reported.

Well, I guess that ends your argument.

Wait, you were told not to debate that!

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
Be not a Jew, and go to Israel, find out what it is to be a second class citizen. It is a extremely Zionist state, controlled by the extremists, they even assassinate their moderate leaders.

leaders? Rabin was the only PM to ever get assassinated.

LOL, controlled by the extermeists? Disingagment? Do you even know what the extremists in Israel think?

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006

Funny, but even 7th class citizens in Israel still have more rights than first class citizens in Iran. And what do you mean by "extremely Zionist"? That's like saying the US is "Ultra constituntional". Never has an extremist party been a considerable political force in Israel.

Has daddy been feeding you senseless propaganda again?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Hmmm....
From your second link:
Many of the Iranian-Israelis said that after former moderate president Muhammad Khatami got in power in 1997 the government turned a blind eye to the travel. Now some fear that may change since hardline president Ahmadinejad took over in August.

"I'm scared," said Moussa. "Especially after what Ahmedinejad said. He's a new leader and he wants to show off like a peacock. We don't know what it will be like now."

Also, being one of those "misinformed" individuals, I'll post my link anyway: Iran's Jews face growing climate of fear.

BTW, how about editting out all the text from you double post?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

If you bothered to watch or read Cooper?s interview with Ahmadinejad, you would know that he questions why we care about the destruction of Israel, and explains how Palestine should rule over the Jews and over that entire piece of land.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0609/20/acd.01.html

A couple pages down on that transcript is the question of wiping out Israel.

So he does believe in peace, after Israel is destroyed where the Israelis would be allowed to live under the control (enslavement) of Palestine. It?s fairly similar with the demand from other terrorist groups ?covert or die?.

Surrendering to them and living under their rule is a demand so vehement and evil that I cannot believe we allow them to live after demanding it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I'm not a Jew and I had a great time in Israel! In fact, I dated an Israeli woman while I was stationed in Egypt and her family accepted me with open arms when I traveled all over Israel and stayed in their homes. It was an excellent time!

I wonder what would happen if I dated an Iranian woman and she brought me to Iran to meet her family... and then we traveled all over Iran seeing the sites and staying with her extended family... I wonder...

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

If you bothered to watch or read Cooper?s interview with Ahmadinejad, you would know that he questions why we care about the destruction of Israel, and explains how Palestine should rule over the Jews and over that entire piece of land.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0609/20/acd.01.html

A couple pages down on that transcript is the question of wiping out Israel.

So he does believe in peace, after Israel is destroyed where the Israelis would be allowed to live under the control (enslavement) of Palestine. It?s fairly similar with the demand from other terrorist groups ?covert or die?.

Surrendering to them and living under their rule is a demand so vehement and evil that I cannot believe we allow them to live after demanding it.

You dont seem to know the history of Israel and what he means by getting rid of Israel.

I suggest you actually listen to his speeches *they are translated* and see exactly what he is talking about.

He is asking for Israel and Palestine to come together and have the citizens of both those nations have a vote. He is also asking for Europe to stop being so anti-Jew so the Jews can return back to their countries if they want, but he claims the behavior in Europe does not favor Jews.

He is not suggesting nor has he ever suggested using force to kill all the citizens of Israel and take the state of Israel by force.

The point is he is not against the Jews as the media likes to point out. They have a) crap translations b) they leave out the entire speech.

His idea is far-fetched and is not going to happen, but asking for the state of Israel to join with Palestine and having their citizens vote does not mean VIOLENCE

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: palehorse74
I'm not a Jew and I had a great time in Israel! In fact, I dated an Israeli woman while I was stationed in Egypt and her family accepted me with open arms when I traveled all over Israel and stayed in their homes. It was an excellent time!

I wonder what would happen if I dated an Iranian woman and she brought me to Iran to meet her family... and then we traveled all over Iran seeing the sites and staying with her extended family... I wonder...

Many Iranians have married Americans and they go to Iran on a yearly basis.

Iranians dont hate Americans. They love Americans and you will probably be surrounded by Iranian women trying to steal you away so you could take them back with you to America.

Many Europeans live in Iran and none of them have problems.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: dna
Hmmm....
From your second link:
Many of the Iranian-Israelis said that after former moderate president Muhammad Khatami got in power in 1997 the government turned a blind eye to the travel. Now some fear that may change since hardline president Ahmadinejad took over in August.

"I'm scared," said Moussa. "Especially after what Ahmedinejad said. He's a new leader and he wants to show off like a peacock. We don't know what it will be like now."

Also, being one of those "misinformed" individuals, I'll post my link anyway: Iran's Jews face growing climate of fear.

BTW, how about editting out all the text from you double post?

You posted a link from scotsman.com

I posted links from BBC/JPOST. I wonder what members are going to believe? Hmm.

& also nothing inside Iran has changed. The laws for the Jews still stand.

Both those articles are talking about people's attitudes towards the Jews inside Iran. Those attitudes do not change with leadership. Esp. a leadership that has no real power.

your scotsman.com article provides no facts just opinions based on misinformation and half-truths.
& it doesn't have one bit of evidence that Jews are being oppressed inside Iran.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74

Many Iranians have married Americans and they go to Iran on a yearly basis.

Iranians dont hate Americans. They love Americans and you will probably be surrounded by Iranian women trying to steal you away so you could take them back with you to America.

Many Europeans live in Iran and none of them have problems.

that may be true; however, my point was that it's the same way for non-Jews who visit Israel, in contrast to Whampom's stated beliefs.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
You dont seem to know the history of Israel and what he means by getting rid of Israel.
blah blah blah

And you seem to forget that Iran supplied training weapons, and money to Hezbollah. There are also people there who signed up for suicide bombing against Israel; Iran: Suicide recruits to attack US, Israel, Rushdie:
It looked at first glance like a gathering on the fringes of a society divided between moderates who want better relations with the world and hard-line Muslim militants hostile toward the United States and Israel.

But the presence of two key figures -- a prominent Iranian lawmaker and a member of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards -- lent the meeting more legitimacy and was a clear indication of at least tacit support from some within Iran's government.

That is very recent history, and if we go back 60 years, then 1948, 1967, and 1973 will not agree with this lame idea that you are trying to push.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
blah blah blah

And you seem to forget that Iran supplied training weapons, and money to Hezbollah. There are also people there who signed up for suicide bombing against Israel; Iran: Suicide recruits to attack US, Israel, Rushdie:
It looked at first glance like a gathering on the fringes of a society divided between moderates who want better relations with the world and hard-line Muslim militants hostile toward the United States and Israel.

But the presence of two key figures -- a prominent Iranian lawmaker and a member of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards -- lent the meeting more legitimacy and was a clear indication of at least tacit support from some within Iran's government.

That is very recent history, and if we go back 60 years, then 1948, 1967, and 1973 will not agree with this lame idea that you are trying to push.

and the united states helped build OBL.....so whats your point?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
and Jerry Seinfeld had a sitcom...... so what's your point?

I guess they both have to do with the topic as much as a run over cat.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
blah blah blah

Hezbollah was created after Israel invaded Lebanon so that little statement of yours is pointless. Hezbollah was created to get Israel out of Lebanon.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
If a Muslim person was to visit Israel and he/she walked the streets of Tel Aviv in full Muslim dress they would be looked at and they would face discrimination. The same would happen if a Jewish person decided to visit Iran and walked the streets of Tehran in full Jewish clothing.

In Israel, Jews do not look at their Muslim "brothers-sisters" as equals. They are viewed as second class citizens and the outsiders are considered animals (their neighbors, not Muslims).

The minority are almost always discriminated against. This is why Jews are always having to defend themselves. That is why Jews take offense when someone says anything negative about Israel. That is why Jews feel if you make fun of Israel you make fun of Jews in their opinion.

Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Hindus, Buddist are all spread out and number in great numbers. They have their own countries and they have their own power levels. Jews only have Israel. Outside Israel their numbers are small.

The point is that Jews and Muslims can live side-by-side in peace. Discrimination happens as in every country. However, their mission is not to go around killing each other.

20% of Israel is Muslim. That 20% are Israeli Arabs who do not go around blowing up buses and killing civilians. Now the Jews who go around spreading hate against Islam are only making their situation worse. They don't get it that the Muslims in Israel are never going to leave and by causing more hate towards them that their situation will just get worse.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Hezbollah was created after Israel invaded Lebanon so that little statement of yours is pointless. Hezbollah was created to get Israel out of Lebanon.

And Israel got out in 2000, so my statement is valid, and yours is utterly pointless.