The Jussie Smollett Affair

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Title edited for subsequent accuracy.

Perknose
Forum Director

I would have hoped you request a title change from me if you insisted. Also spell check is nice as well.

There is but one legitimate venue for challenging moderator actions and that is Moderator Discussions.

Perknose
Forum Director

Wanted to wait until more outlets confirmed the details. Actor Jussie Smollett is black, Jewish and gay. A MAGA 3-fer.
Jussie-Smollett-Fan-Suicide.png

Actor Jussie Smollett is in the hospital after being brutally attacked in Chicago in what police are treating as a likely hate crime. The 35-year-old star of the hit show “Empire” was reportedly approached by two people who yelled racist and homophobic slurs, then physically beat him and poured an “unknown chemical substance” onto him, according to a report by the Chicago police.
“At some point during the incident, one of the offenders wrapped a rope around the victim’s neck,” the report continues. The attackers fled, and the “possible racially-charged assault” is under investigation by the Area Central Detectives. Smollett was able to take himself to the hospital; police report that he is in “good condition.”
TMZ reports that Smollett’s attackers yelled “This is MAGA country,” and called the actor “That f***ot ‘Empire’ n*****” before pouring bleach on him and putting him in the noose.

https://forward.com/schmooze/418372...sie-smollet-hospitalized-after-possible-hate/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Poor guy, that's horrible. I don't care what he may have done or said to someone, there's nothing that excuses putting a noose around someone's neck.

Folks, if guns aren't your thing then real pepper spray and a good baton are good ideas. Be it an expandable bat or the smaller yawara / suntetsu varieties out there, have something to harden the hand for one hit solutions if you can. Comes in especially handy when dealing with more than one aggressor. Fog the bastards then dick and throat punch your way clear. You are not obliged to fight nice when defending yourself and outnumbered.

Cities like Chicago can be violent. Plan accordingly when visiting such places.

Nov 8, 2012
I'm sorry but this absolutely REEKS of victim culture mentality akin to poop swastika.

If someone hates this actor - they track him down and they beat the shit out of him like the racist fucking scumbags that they are.... or maybe they randomly spot him and do it. If you're that adamant to the point of tracking someone down I would also suspect you're stupid enough to murder.

HOWEVER - They don't "assault him at 2AM.... tie a rope around his neck... and pour some bleach on him"... I'm sorry, but that's just not how dumb fucks operate. They don't carry bleach in bottle or something, this just sounds preposterous. They also don't carry spare rope unless they (wait for it...) are actually going to hang someone with it.

Also, racist white klan folks in Chicago? Not sure what you're smoking, that's not what I ever see in Chicago, and I've been there plenty. It's also INCREDIBLY fucking hard to catch someone alone in Chicago without some eye-witness accounts.

I honestly at this point doubt this - because it just reeks of bullshit based on the fabricated story. I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm sorry but this absolutely REEKS of victim culture mentality akin to poop swastika.

If someone hates this actor - they track him down and they beat the shit out of him like the racist fucking scumbags that they are.... or maybe they randomly spot him and do it. If you're that adamant to the point of tracking someone down I would also suspect you're stupid enough to murder.

HOWEVER - They don't "assault him at 2AM.... tie a rope around his neck... and pour some bleach on him"... I'm sorry, but that's just not how dumb fucks operate. They don't carry bleach in bottle or something, this just sounds preposterous. They also don't carry spare rope unless they (wait for it...) are actually going to hang someone with it.

Also, racist white klan folks in Chicago? Not sure what you're smoking, that's not what I ever see in Chicago, and I've been there plenty. It's also INCREDIBLY fucking hard to catch someone alone in Chicago without some eye-witness accounts.

I honestly at this point doubt this - because it just reeks of bullshit based on the fabricated story. I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is.
Yup, I was going to try a stunt something like this but balked at the injuries requiring hospitalizing part.

Reactions: ivwshane

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yup, I was going to try a stunt something like this but balked at the injuries requiring hospitalizing part.

Most attacks of this type are thought out rationally and given a good amount of thought. Its why idiots typically aren't involved in such attacks, they aren't smart enough, like someonesmind1, to think an attack through to completion.

/s

I would love to hear your diagnosis on what kind of idiot world say and think such a thing.

Reactions: UberNeuman

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Most attacks of this type are thought out rationally and given a good amount of thought. Its why idiots typically aren't involved in such attacks, they aren't smart enough, like someonesmind1, to think an attack through to completion.

/s

I would love to hear your diagnosis on what kind of idiot world say and think such a thing.
OK, but it won't be about what kind of idiot but just my own idiotic guess. I am trying to find my way to being able to say what I see without my disagreement implying contempt. I think it's what makes us all deaf. So let's go with this:

I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is.

This implies that, as the poster suggests, he is suspicious the story has problems that don't match his notions of reality, an assumption in my opinion, and one I am unwilling to make. If there is more to the story as suggested, there is no reason to assume the truth will go one way or another. With incomplete information you can't be sure of anything and if you are, then in my opinion, it means there's a prior bias and commitment affecting ones judgment. We need to take care in having intuitions about things without proof we are right.

I have no problem with the intuition but I do with the certainty one has to be right. So you can have, I think, a highly developed instinct or nose for the truth without having a simultaneous emotional self righteousness reaction that too often goes with it. That's where ego gets involved.

So when he says he suspects the truth isn't what people want to believe it is, he could, and I think should also include himself in that. He may be the one who hopes the truth is what he wants to believe.

The general problem I see is that the left has gone rather crazy in it's hatred of Donald Trump, with all of the racist name calling that goes along with it. Catholic Boys assault old veteran Native American etc and all of the digging in or reversal of opinions that go with it. But the facts are that everybody believes their motives are good because very few people have learned to look deeply into themselves and see the monsters there. So we develop ideologies to hide those monsters from us, in short, we project them out there in the world. You can really start to dislike liberals who call you a racist every time you turn around. You aren't going to like it if you are and you aren't going to like it if you aren't but feel guilty of something somewhere hidden from conscious awareness. So there may be a real hope here that liberals have somehow been played and there is more to this apparently savage attack than meets the eye.

I pointed to a fly I thought I saw in that ointment.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Pretty sure this kind of violence is not the norm for Chicago (or anywhere).

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. This is a city with a colorful history of serial murderers, massacres, race riots and a gang problem. In fact, I'd say this attack was relatively tame compared to stuff that can unnerve cops and first responders. The political angle and it involving an popular actor is the only reason we're seeing it mentioned prominently. People on the receiving end of a gang initiation can be hurt worse, those receiving a gang payback decidedly worse, or dead.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Right, because it is in the best interest of a successful actor to make this shit up.

Anything to deny the uptick in racist and anti Semitic attacks since your boy took office. I guess he inspires you as well.

Maybe I'll send a note to Idris Elba, dude why don't you toss away your entire acting career and make up a story of MAGA heads attacking you.

Reactions: jameny5

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. This is a city with a colorful history of serial murderers, massacres, race riots and a gang problem. In fact, I'd say this attack was relatively tame compared to stuff that can unnerve cops and first responders. The political angle and it involving an popular actor is the only reason we're seeing it mentioned prominently. People on the receiving end of a gang initiation can be hurt worse, those receiving a gang payback decidedly worse, or dead.
You misunderstand. Blatant acts of KKK style racial violence are not common there. There's a reason: A practicing KKK member (or someone with similar beliefs) probably would not choose to live in Chicago.

Reactions: umbrella39

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
He took himself to the hospital. One of those links said he still had the noose around his neck when police arrived. Why?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Going to take a while....there are obviously still a lot of Maga young individuals, but most of them are old and dying. This is why they are in such a spasm to return the country to 1950 Leave it to Beaver "ideals"--they know they are losing ground every day as their most fear-addled and dedicated voting block members drop over in nursing homes (though first they unfortunately move to Florida, where I am.)