Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3400 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Compared to P&N, OT is a bastion of clear thinking and reasoned opinions. And most of you are two cans short of a six pack.

Phew thanks ... had me worried for a second there !! :p

I swung by P&N for an extended visit around 2020 election/aftermath-time and (in retrospect) it was a huge mistake... that place can be downright unhealthy!

I actually stopped posting on on a couple other forums entirely due to the toxic atmosphere/BS putting me in a 24/7 crappy mood.

images

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
No doubt that for example its easy to condemn the "Cavalry" when they ride in and slaughter the poor native Americans defending their homeland from invaders while sitting at our PC's in 2021.

Try it from your burning cabin in the woods as a settler in the 1790's when those same folks are killing your family.

Its referred to as maintaining "historical perspective" and without it, it becomes impossible to really understand what happened and the real reasons behind it.

Point being that its easy to judge through the filter of time but not so easy if you're there living it.

Why go back to the 1790s?

Plenty of killings of American Indians occurred in the later part of the 19th century.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

Plenty of killings of American Indians occurred in the later part of the 19th century.
Plenty of killing children in Chi-town right now but it doesn't even make the news but Petito non stop.

Some sad shit.

Petito, also, some sad shit.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Yep ... humans are assholes now just like they were in the old west or in the dark ages.

:(

(I figured "Cowboys & Indians" was a nice simple example to make the point) ;)

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yep ... humans are assholes now just like they were in the old west or in the dark ages.

:(

(I figured "Cowboys & Indians" was a nice simple example to make the point) ;)
And probably pre-history as well. Same shit, century after century. I'm mean, probably some have been better than others....somewhere.

Reactions: Captante

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Wrong every step of the way, yet a successful outcome. I feel like I've been living my life wrong.