Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3236 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
He's fishing for tarpon in a small opening like that, from land? I'm guessing he loses a lot of them, or they're very small. Tarpon are all power, and they don't tire as fast as other fish because they have a primitive lung - handy for a species that loves repetitive jumping. I'd love to see that guy try to land even a medium size tarpon from that hole in the brush. I bet it's hard even without aggressive gators to contend with.

One of my fondest high school memories is tarpon fishing one of the local lakes (which feed into the various canals that feed into the intercoastal) with my buddy. We would head out just before dusk and for months get our bass/light tackle rods absolutely wrecked. Finally caught one from shore that I am guesstimating (from memory) was probably 60 - 90lbs. I think my wife still has a scan of the polaroid picture of me holding the beast. There are a lot of tarpon in a canal near the house, but I haven't been lake fishing for them in about 25 years now.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
FB_IMG_1620841677453.jpg

I guess that's aimed at the huge Urdu (or Arabic?)-speaking, China-loving, Confederate-"South shall rise again" loving, Spongebob squarepants fanboy market?

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Just referring to their general disposition. The rattlesnakes I've encountered pretty much want to be left alone, and will generally move away from you given the chance. Copperheads tend to be more aggressive.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Just referring to their general disposition. The rattlesnakes I've encountered pretty much want to be left alone, and will generally move away from you given the chance. Copperheads tend to be more aggressive.
Can confirm. Rattlers are the least aggressive of the pit vipers I have encountered while mountain biking. I have had a water moccasin chase me while riding, and another strike at me when I bunny hopped it. That was my closest brush with a danger noodle.